November 20, 2009

Intelligender


This morning I took the new test Intelligender just for fun. It is supposedly 82% accurate in determining if you are having a boy or a girl and can be taken as early as 10 weeks! Of course, I had to rush out and buy it when I hit the 10 week mark. We had been talking about being "surprised" but decided I would regret doing the nursery neutral once the baby arrived. You are supposed to use your first morning urine so I woke up at about 4 a.m. Chad knew I was going to take it this morning but probably didn't anticipate me waking him that early. I don't think he was very coherent. I woke him up and said I took the test and to come look with me so we could see what it said together. The test definitely had a very clear result that said we were having a precious baby...

BOY!!!

I was definitely surprised, and so was Chad. Of course, we won't know for sure until the end of January, but it will be interesting seeing if it was right. We are still keeping a open mind, but I have had fun today looking at boy baby bedding and thinking about names. I still can't believe in about 6 months we will have a real baby. I am getting excited to start showing and getting the nursery ready! Can't wait for the first trimester to be over, it feels like I've been pregnant for forever already. I did buy a few maternity clothes this week, but I haven't gained any weight yet. Sometimes I wonder if it's still in there since there is really no sign of it so far. We have our next ultrasound on Tuesday so hopefully it will look more like a real baby than the last time. I wish June would hurry up and get here already!


P.S. Don't forget to vote in our poll on the right side of our blog and tell us whether you think our baby is a boy or girl!




2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is really neat. I read an interesting article about those tests so I am not sure how much you should bank on it. But, a boy is awesome. Girls can get more pricey since there is so much cute stuff. I thought I wanted a girl but I love the bond I have with my boy. I am so excited for you!!

bcfamily said...

I like how you waited for Chad. That's fun that you got to find out the results together. I still think it is going to be a girl. We will see.