November 29, 2009

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"














We had a great Thanksgiving this year. We stayed in town and spent it with Chad's side of the family. Every year, my family spends Thanksgiving in Tyler and last year Chad and I went, so we decided to switch off every year. After Thanksgiving dinner, we headed downtown Chad's brother and his wife's apartment. Right outside their apartment was the Uptown Holiday Lighting so we walked to it and saw the Christmas trees lining Post Oak get lit up by Santa, and then they had a huge fireworks show. There were tons of people there, so it was a little crowded for our taste, but still fun. The next day, Chad and I decided to go get a real Christmas tree so we went to the Old Time Christmas tree farm, which was pretty fun. You ride out to the trees on a tractor and cut down your own tree. We found the perfect one and got it home and it looks a lot bigger in our apartment, but we really love it. We spent the rest of the day decorating it and the rest of our apartment (and balcony) with lights. Last year, we didn't have any Christmas decorations or even a tree and this year we made up for it. I also added a picture of my belly at 11wks. As you can see, I can no longer button my jeans comfortably so my bella bands have been my bestfriend. Still bloated, but hopefully it will turn into baby belly soon.

3 comments:

bcfamily said...

Love all the Christmas decor and the tree, Ms. Interior Designer. Glad you guys had a good holiday!

TheThaynFamily said...

Your little belly is so cute! I love it!

Melissa said...

Love the decor! Your belly is adorable. I couldn't live without my belly bands. I used them all the way to 8 months preggo, then I had to get maternity clothes. HA!