November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

I love traditions. I plan on keeping up with many from both of our families and of course adding a few new ones of our own. In my family, every year since I was little we go to Tyler to celebrate Thanksgiving with my Mom's side of the family. It's mostly extended family we only get to see that one time of the year. We all look forward to it all year long. Last year Chad and I had just gotten married and it was his first time to go. This year, I really tried to talk Chad into going again, since we only see that side of the family once a year and I was being a little selfish :) We decided to be fair we had to switch off every year so we stayed in town and spent it with his side of the family. I have to say it was nice not having to travel this year and we of course had fun with his family and the food was delicious. Every Thanksgiving morning, my family always puts on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, so of course, the first thing I did when I woke up was turn it on. Then I got started in the kitchen and made one of my favorite dishes my Mom makes every Thanksgiving, squash casserole. It turned out pretty good despite the fact I used the wrong stuffing on it. We had a great day and we have so much to be thankful for this year.

No comments: