December 29, 2009

Maternity Madness

I finally decided that I had to put away the much-worn bella bands I have been sporting and graduate to maternity clothes. About a month ago, my friend Jaclyn generously lent me all of her maternity clothes (about 19 pieces)!! Then, last week right before Christmas, I decided I couldn't take it anymore and decided to head out to buy some maternity jeans. I ended up finding a Gap Maternity store in The Woodlands and scored some cute jeans with a nice comfy elastic band on sale for $15! I also picked up two cute tops and only spent $39 altogether. Then, when we went to Austin for Christmas, my wonderful sister loaded me up with TONS of cute maternity tops, jeans and pants. And since she had her baby last June, the seasons are perfect. I have another friend who also said I could borrow her maternity clothes when she has her baby in February! What a lucky girl am! I seriously don't know what I would've done without all the wonderful mommies in my life :) I even attemped on Saturday to wear my favorite pair of non-maternity jeans and I almost passed out from being so confined! Definitely have to retire most of my regular clothes for now. Since I have such cute maternity clothes, I don't really mind. My Gap jeans are already my bestfriend, it may be hard to go back to regular jeans after this baby is born...

3 comments:

Thayn Family said...

Nurse that precious baby of yours and you will fit into your skinny jeans in no time :)

bcfamily said...

I am going to have to go to the Gap and get a pair. I just broke my one and only pair of maternity jeans. I tried taking them off without untying them. Now I have to use my bella band as a belt to keep my pants up. So sad.

Melissa said...

Oh you are so lucky. I never found jeans that were long enough. Heck! I can't find them in regular non-maternity sizes either. But, your friend is right. Nurse and you will be right back in them. I lost all my weight in one week. It was unreal.