February 23, 2010

24 Weeks!

Today I am 24 weeks and feeling great, except for the occasional back pain and insomnia. I am pretty tired today since last night I woke up at about 3:30 and couldn't seem to go back to sleep for about an hour or so. Today we have our Doctor's appointment at 3:00, no ultrasound this time though. I also scheduled our maternity pictures. A friend of a friend is doing them, her name is Cortney Russell and I love her photography! Click here to view her web page. We're doing them on March 27th. I have a feeling March through June will be going by super fast! As much as I want spring to be here, the chance of snow today reminds me that we have a few more weeks to go. But Graham is getting bigger everyday and his kicks are getting stronger too! I still am loving feeling him move, it makes me feel so connected to him. Hopefully today we will schedule our 3-D ultrasound and get a sneak peek at our little guy! Stay warm everyone!!



Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments: