March 10, 2010

26 Weeks & Glucose Test

Yesterday I hit the 26 week mark, less than 100 days to go now! I am getting so excited to meet him, today while I was running errands I kept thinking about how in a few months I will have a little baby in the backseat :) Yesterday, I went to get my glucose test. It wasn't bad at all, I just had to wait 5o minutes to get called back to get my blood drawn, but luckily I brought a book to read (Mommywood by Tori Spelling - for the 2nd time..) The doctor's office called today and said my glucose levels looked good, but I am a little anemic, so I have to take iron supplements for the remainder of my pregnancy. No big deal. My mom said my sister had that too while she was pregnant.

In other news, this weekend Chad and I are booking it to Dallas for Chad's work. We haven't been back since we moved last December, so I am really looking forward to going back to our old stomping ground :) Hope everyone is having a great week!
26 Weeks:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

See what your baby looks like this week.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Everyone kept telling me how awful that test would be but I didn't mind. I was also anemic. No worries just keep taking iron!