March 24, 2010

28 Weeks & Dr. Appt.

Yesterday I hit the 28 week mark! We had a Dr. appt. and everything looks pretty good. The Dr. said I had a bit of a jump in weight at this appt. and my last so I need to watch it :( I am going to cut out juice since he said it's as bad as coke! Can you believe that?!? I thought juice was healthy! It's also probably due to the fact that I haven't been working, so I am burning less calories. I am going to try really hard to be good. And my blood pressure was a little higher than it's been but he said there was no need for concern at this point. Since I am 28 weeks, we will be going to the dr. every 2 weeks from now on.

We had a busy weekend this past weekend, and Saturday night I was having some braxton hicks contractions/ pain on my right side. Then, yesterday I was having them throughout the day and during the night. I even woke poor Chad up. I was worried they might be the real thing! Luckily, I had my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book handy and we looked it up, and it seems to just be braxton hicks.

In other news, we are having our maternity pictures taken this Saturday and I can't wait! Last night we packed up the bedroom and our closet and today I'm going to work on the rest of the apartment. I am glad Chad helped me get started, hopefully that will help me keep things going so we will be all packed and organized for our move next Wednesday. I am a little sad to leave our first apartment as a married couple, we have had a lot of good memories here, but I am sooo excited to move into a bigger place.

How Your Baby is Growing:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

3 comments:

The Sweatman Family said...

Drink lots of water Brenden!! They will knock out the contractions :)

Melissa said...

Braxton hicks already!! How crazy. It turned out I was having those a lot but I thought I was just cramping. HA!

And yes, water is the best. Soda and juice is bad. Sweet tea is bad too. (Which I drank a ton of!)

I am so excited for you guys. Praying for you!

bcfamily said...

Wow! Already having braxton hicks contractions! How exciting!