April 20, 2010

32 Weeks

Wow, the time is really flying by now. Only 8 weeks left and 6 until I am full-term.... crazy!!!!! We have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning (with ultrasound) and we can't wait to see our little punkin' again! I am very interested to see what position he is in.... I was reading in my "What to Expect when You're Expecting" book and I think he might be in the oblique position (diagonal with his head pointing toward my hip)... and has been for a while. Hopefully if he is, he will start turning downward soon. I could be totally wrong though, so we will see... I also just called and set up our first interview with a pediatrician. He was recommended by family and supposedly really good with kids so hopefully it will work out. I am going to start reading and singing lull-a-byes to baby Graham this week. I have been a slacker Mom and occasionally talk to him but feel like I should more than I do. I know he will know our voices anyway from just talking to eachother and other people, but I think it would be good to talk specifically to him more. Anway, I will update tomorrow after our appt.

How your baby's growing:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

See what your baby looks like this week

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember how excited I was to see N that last time. It was forever in between sonograms and I really missed seeing him and how much he had changed. Did you do a 3d? I can't remember if you did. We did and it was amazing.

Read all you can to him now, you are going to be tired and it will be even harder to get around to it!

Is there anything you still need? Where are you registered? (I feel like I already know this from a previous blog- but please remind me!)

The Pokornys said...

No, we didn't do a 3D, we wanted to but couldn't really justify the $$ right now :( You are so sweet, I haven't had a baby shower yet, it's not until May 1st so I'm sure we will get lots of stuff! You save your money for your little guy! He is such a doll, I watched the video you posted the other day of him!