May 26, 2010

37 Weeks

Finally I am full-term!! It's pretty unbelievable that there is a full size newborn in my stomach right now. We went to the doctor yesterday and I am now 80% effaced and 1cm dialated. I was really hoping I had started to dialate, so I am happy. I hope I progress a lot this week. There is a full moon tomorrow, and I keep hearing that induces labor, so we are crossing our fingers that it will. I know I am probably being overly anxious, because I technically have 3 weeks to go, but we are sooo ready to meet our little man. Last night I didn't get a very restful nights sleep becasue I was having a lot of crampiness in my lower back and stomach. I just couldn't get comfortable, and today I am pretty wiped out. I am trying to stay busy though, and get out everyday. Today I ran a few errands, then picked up a subway and then my friend Terah and her baby came by for a visit. Tomorrow I'm meeting my mom and my cousin's girlfriend for some mexican food for lunch, I am hoping some spicy food will help things along also, ha! Then tomorrow night Chad has a softball game, so I will try to go to that. I've been a bad wife lately and been staying home b/c I am so exhausted at night. I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend laying in my parents newly remodeled pool! I will keep everyone posted if anything should happen this weekend... keep us in your thoughts and prayers and cross your fingers that we get to meet our little boy very soon!


Week 37 of Pregnancy

Your doctor may check for labor signs, while your baby prepares for birth by sucking, turning, and breathing in the womb.
Your Baby in Week 37 of Pregnancy
Congratulations! You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean he's finished growing — in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so he’s probably not kicking as much, though he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.
Learn more about your full-term baby in week 37.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow! I was just at that point at 40 weeks. I bet he comes soon. Good luck, Aaron and I are praying for you.