May 21, 2010

Seriously?!

Yesterday, I had quite an awful afternoon. I decided to go on a hunt for a cute 4th of July outfit for Graham. Chad had gotten him a cute one and gave it to me for Mother's Day but we both agreed it was would be way too hot for him (it was a onesie with long pants) and he said he just got it because there were no other cute ones in his size. So, I took it back and decided to go the outlet mall and check out the baby stores there.

First of all, I was already feeling quite huge yesterday and as I said with all the pressure I'm feeling its not very easy to walk around a bunch, plus it was HOT yesterday. Anyway, I ended up not finding anything and went into one last store before I left and as I walked in this older hispanic lady was walking out pushing two kids. She looked and me and immediately asked "One or two?" I was like "Huh?" and She said "Uno or dos?,One or two, Uno or dos??" I finally realized that she was asking if I was having twins, and when I said "Oh, one" She gave me this look and said "OOOH...." Already feeling self conscious, I made it half way to my car when I started crying. Of course, I called my Mom and Chad to tell them what happened. To make matters worse, that was the SECOND time this week a person has asked me that! I am just so shocked at peoples ability to spit out whatever pops into their heads! I felt like I never wanted to leave our apartment again until I have this baby to avoid strangers rude remarks. Here I am 9 months pregnant, minding my own business and some total stranger has the nerve to be so rude as to make me cry! Needless to say, I am getting more and more ready by the day to have this baby so I am not a public spectacle any longer....

7 comments:

Chris and Kim said...

I remember feeling that way, but then someone would come along and say that I looked small for being 9 months pregnant and I would feel better. When I feel like that, I just think about how I'll be feeling 6 months from then, and I'd be happier. You'll be holding a wonderful gift from God, and you won't care what people said. Hope this helps, I've been there.

April said...

Oh sweetie! It's amazing what people will say. I get asked every day how far along I am!

Kelly Grant said...

YOU are adorable pregnant---people are just silly and thoughtless. And I agree with the first comment someone made.....some ppl will say "you are tiny" and others will say the opposite! I hate that you cried :( :( Course, I have to admit----I cried when anyone crossed their eyes at me while I was pregnant!!

Melissa said...

First of all- you are beautiful! Way hot for a preggo lady. Second- I am sorry, but it doesn't stop. Lot's of unsolicited advice will continue your way once he gets here. It's just harder right now when you feel like a waddling cow. BUT You look wonderful and nowhere like a waddling cow. I assure you. Love that belly, it won't be around for long.

bcfamily said...

Don't worry about what those people said you look adorable with your prego belly and you are due any day now!

Thayn Family said...

Brenden Pokorny! You are gorgeous and am making another human life! Screw the crazy spanish speaker living in America and enjoy your last month being preggo!!!

The Pokornys said...

Thanks for all the support, ladies! Y'all are all so sweet :)