June 30, 2010

4 weeks tomorrow!

Wow, I cannot believe tomorrow our baby will be 4 weeks old, that just doesn't seem possible. These past 4 weeks have been a mixture of amazing, exhausting, exciting and scary. It is crazy how much this little man has mixed up our world. We are adjusting though and we can't imagine life without him. I literally can't believe there was a time when he wasn't in our lives. He has amazed us more every day.

Last week, at our doctor appointment Graham weighed in at 8 lbs., and the doctor was happy. The next time we'll go back will be for his 2 month check-up.

Mr. Graham has been a traveling boy lately, going lots of places with Mommy during the week. Last week we visited his Grandma and met her for lunch then showed him off at her work. We also met a friend of mine and her baby who was born 2 days before Graham for coffee and lunch and then today we went to the movies with them. They did amazingly well in the movie, we were super impressed! I have been taking him everywhere with me.

Yesterday was my first attempt at taking him grocery shopping with me solo. He did great, slept the whole time! Yesterday when we went to baby Gap, he had a bit of a meltdown and we had to book it home, he was hungry and wanted to eat pronto. But other than that, he is an angel baby at most places. We've taken him to restaurants a few times and he does great, just sleeps in his carrier the whole time. On Sunday, we took him to a restaurant and we had to leave early and get the rest of my food to go b/c he was hungry but other than that he's been perfect. We're really lucky.

I can't wait for his first 4th of July this weekend! I hope it doesn't rain b/c we have 2 pool parties we are attending and then we're watching fireworks of course. I am also glad that Chad will have a 3 day weekend, and we get to spend lots of time with him. It's so nice having Chad home on the weekends to help out. He is a big help in the evenings too. He changes diapers, gets me anything I need so I don't have to get up while I'm nursing, and holds and loves on Graham lots. He is such a good Daddy. Not to mention an awesome swaddler :)

Graham has still been doing fairly good at night, although sometimes he wakes up between feedings with a gas bubble or dirty diaper. We have been putting him to bed around 10 now, because the other night when we did he slept until 2 am and then again until 6 am. We can't wait for the day when he sleeps a full 8 hours straight!


Graham at church for the first time on Sunday... did great!


Aunt Kelley and Uncle Jared came to visit!

Graham visiting Mimi at the office

Graham visiting Grandma at her work
Graham and his buddy Ayden

No comments: