September 23, 2010

Frazzled

That is the perfect way to describe the way I feel today. Let's see... the day started off pretty good and as usual, Graham woke up and nursed, then went down for his morning nap without a hitch. After he woke up we played, then he started to get fussy, I tried to feed him again (even though it was early) and he was having trouble but acting hungry so I decided to suction out his nose (which he HATES) then after still not being able to get him to settle down and nurse, I finally put him in his swing with his paci to chill out and it settled him down right away. He fell asleep again, I  then woke up cranky, so I nursed him again, ended up giving him a bath and got myself showered and he was fine. Then, I needed to go up to the front office to print out some tickets for a concert we're going to tonight, Graham is fussing again, we get outside, and it just started to rain. I decided to drive up there instead of taking the stroller. Then we get there and the printers are all out of toner. Then I realize it's 2:00 and I haven't eaten a bite or had a sip to drink all day. Graham is fussing again, but I decide to run to get something to eat real quick. He continues to cry the whole way to Sonic and the whole time we're in the line. I finally get him to settle down and he falls asleep, then on the way home, I realize my Sonic drink has a hole in it and is leaking all over the place including my clothes. We get home and all the parking spots close are taken, one of them by an apt. maintanaince golf cart. I take Graham in, go back to get my food and clean up the drink mess. Graham is asleep still. Sit down to eat, Graham startles and wakes up crying. He fell right back to sleep though, and I was able to eat.

I realize that none of the things that happened today are that big of a deal. I am beyond blessed and thankful for my life. Even as things were going wrong one after the other, I kept reminding myself about all the ways it could've been worse. For example, I almost wore a new shirt that I bought yesterday, if I had my drink would've gotten all over it instead of the old one I wore. The printer at the office worked just enough to be able to print the tickets with the barcode printing out good. The way my car's cupholder is, the drink spillage was contained to the cupholder. Graham is such a good baby and rolled over again this morning! I am going on a date night with Chad for the first time in a long time, and we are really excited about it and the concert (which we almost missed, we just remembered about it Tuesday and were able to get good tickets still) And finally, Graham just woke up smiling. I am blessed, and thankful. Just a little frazzled. Gotta go nurse my sweet baby...

2 comments:

M & M said...

My reminder for months was "Weeping my last for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Each day is new. Thank the Lord that after a good night's sleep so many of these issues seem more cheerful or are gone!

bcfamily said...

Hate those days. I hope your date went well. Can't wait to hear about it.