November 3, 2010

5 Months!!!

Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up

Those are the lyrics to the Taylor Swift song "Never Grow Up" from her new album. It perfectly describes my thoughts when I am rocking my little boy and just staring at his beautiful face, and especially how I feel right now. I bought that CD today, and of course started tearing up when I heard this song. It was the perfect day for it, since today marks Graham's 5th month. I forced myself to pack up his newborn and 0-3 month clothes today :( I know, I know, I should be happy that he is flourishing, thriving and becoming such a big boy. But I just can't help being a little bit sad and sentimental everytime a new month starts, and another 3rd passes on the calendar..... On the other hand, I can't be too sad because Graham is doing so many fun, new things now :) It's true, you really do fall in love with every stage. Here you go, Graham's stats for the month:

- Rolling over regularly from tummy to back, and almost has rolled from back to tummy
-Goes to bed around 9 still, and wakes up about 4-4:30 to nurse, then again at 7-7:30
-Takes 3 naps a day
-Loves going places & is the biggest FLIRT!!
-Still loves the paci ( I call it his bestfriend, haha)
-Still sleeping swaddled, but I think we are right on the verge of weening him
-Still exclusively nursed, no rice cereal yet, but I am debating with it. He seems to be pretty interested in our food, and I'm sure he would do great, but I want to nurse as long as possible and have heard introducing solids earlier than 6-7 months can be hard on their digestive system and poossibly cause problems later, but who knows?
-Loves to try to sit up, and can sit supported
-Laughing all the time now, even if we make a silly face
-Such a smiley baby
-When you say "Where's Momma?" or "Where's Dada" he'll look at us!
-Loves his excersaucer and plays with all the toys (Thanks for sharing, Charlotte!)
-Babbles All.The.Time. it is so sweet, he his one vocal baby!
-Squeals in delight! SO cute!!
-I think more hair is starting to grow in
-Wearing size 3-6 month clothes, even some 6 month

No comments: