November 18, 2010

H-E-L-P!!!!!

As I'm typing this, I am sitting alone in a dark living room while Chad is in Graham's nursery boucing him in his bouncy chair so  we can all get some rest and G will finally go to sleep. This has been going on all week. Well, actually longer than that, but it has been way worse this week since he is also waking up around 12-2 a.m. (usually doesn't wake up until 4-5 a.m.) Graham has a cold which doesn't help either. But it's mainly a cough, no runny nose or stuffy nose.We have been losing lots of sleep at the Pokorny household and pulling our hair out trying to get Graham to sleep everynight. Doesn't seem to matter if we put him down awake, asleep, super tired, in a good mood, just nursed, swaddled, unswaddled... NOTHING WORKS!!!!!! Any suggestions will help!!!!! We have a good, long time established nighttime routine, nurse, bathe, pajamas, bed. But for some reason he still won't go to sleep without crying. for. a. very. long. time. Even if you don't have any suggestions, prayers for our sanity and sleep are much appreciated :) Thanks in advance!!
Oh, man do I miss my always-sleepy newborn these days (or should I say nights)

5 comments:

M & M said...

I will be praying for you--it won't last forever (although it seems so now)

D did the same thing from about week 10-week 14 or 15 despite sleeping great before that. We got so tired of it and did not know what else to do that I would just feed him and let him cry it out afterward. It did work eventually.

Jaime said...

Hang in there!! We've been dealing with the same things with A...started about 5 months...got better and is picking up again. We realized with her it was gas from a food sensitivity. Now we just try to alternate who goes in there to soothe her and if she won't calm down I try nursing her. I'm cherishing these snuggle times because she typically isn't a snuggler. I keep telling myself...they will go to college sleeping through the night. :-)

Melissa said...

I have no advice. Noah still wakes up looking for his paci and me. It's hard but I commend you for as well as you have done.

April said...

nathan refuses to take a nap this week! I am right there with you. It's just part of growing. Sometimes I think the more aware of their surroundings they get, the harder it is for them to sleep.

The Sweatman Family said...

Bren- could he be teething?