February 10, 2011

What We've Been Up To

Winter has finally arrived for us down here in Southern Texas, and I have to admit I am enjoying the cold...it is 30 degrees right now! In other news, I think Graham is officially crawling! Yep, that's right, we have a mobile baby on our hands. He still falls on his belly often, but he gets where he wants to go, and mostly it's with the belly off the ground. I have a couple of videos I will try to post.

Chad and I have been spending lots of time with friends lately, last weekend, we went to Big Texas with our friends Traci and Carl, and saw The Randy Rogers Band, so fun! We also spent time with  our friends Kirby and Jerry... they recently got engaged!! I was so honored when she asked me to be a bridesmaid, and I cannot wait for their October wedding and all the fun pre-wedding festivities that will be happening! We also had our friends Sean and Erica over to see our house  and Ava and Graham got to play together then we all went out for pizza and then coffee.

We also just started a couples bible study with our church lifegroup, it's called The Sacred Marriage, and we are really excited about it! Last night was the first night, and we were one of 3 couples who played an ice-breaker "how well do you know your spouse" game. We were the couple married the least amount of time, but we ended up winning! We are pretty good at those kind of games. It's kind of eerie how much Chad and I are on the same wavelength. We are always saying "I was just thinking that!" to eachother when one of us makes a comment. We can just look at eachother and know what the other is thinking. It's one of the {many} things I like best about us. 

Sometime this weeknd, I think we're taking Graham to the Downtown Aquarium so he can see all the fishies and have lunch at the restuarant to celebrate Graham's first Valentine's Day. Chad and I will also be going on a date night probably on Monday while my parents babysit. It will actually be our first time to celebrate Valentine's Day out. The whole time we've been together I've always cooked a romantic meal for us for Vday. We might still eat dinner at home then go get dessert or catch a movie. 

That's what's been going on around here lately! Hope everyone stays warm and has a great weekend!!
{Our little Valentine last year}
{.....And this year......}


2 comments:

Traci said...

what a sweet little valentine;)

Christina Bassi said...

He started crawling! How exciting, Bren! To bad he can't crawl around with Garek.