March 31, 2011

Recipe: Farm Stand Pizza

I saw this simple recipe on the Today show this week, and since I had all the ingredients already, I decided to try it out.

Ingredients:
1 can refrigerated pizza crust
1 jar of pizza sauce
shredded mozzerella cheese
crumbled feta cheese
your favorite veggies--
I used frozen broccoli florets,a few slices of thinly sliced tomato, fresh sliced mushrooms (I chopped them up) 2 cloves pressed garlic, fresh basil

Heat oven to designated time on package of pizza crust

Get out a cookie or baking sheet, spray with Pam and also spray your hands (this is so the dough spreads more easily and doesn't stick)

Spread dough until covering cooking sheet (or as much as it can) then poke holes in the bottom with a fork.

Cover dough with a cup of pizza sauce, then add your veggies and top with mozzerella cheese and feta cheese. Bake for about 17 minutes. You can serve a salad on the side if you want, but we didn't b/c we were out, but the pizza had enough veggies, it felt like a complete meal in itself.

That's it!! So easy and good. The veggies make me feel a little better about having pizza :) It may sound weird to eat broccoli on your pizza, but we thought it was delicious!!! I had a slice for lunch today, and it was still really good.



No comments: