April 19, 2011

25th Birthday














Sunday I turned 25! Every year, I think "when I am____age I will really feel like a grown up..." I always thought 25 would make me really feel like an adult. Well, here I am 2 1/2 years into marriage, 10 months into motherhood and 25 years old and I think somewhere deep down I still feel 18. Maybe 30 is the magic number??? Anyway, I had a great birthday weekend. The 3 of us spent Saturday at the outlet mall getting stocked up on summer clothes/clothes to take on our trip. We got some super cute things (including Tory Burch flip flops on sale for $29 for me!!! And a rather pricey pair of shades for Chad... who's birthday was it, again??) Then, my parents came over that evening and watched Graham while Chad and I met up with our friends Sean and Erica for dinner in The Woodlands at Brio's. It happened to be Prom night for a few high schools, so we had some fun people watching and....wow, have you noticed how bright and um...revealing the prom dresses are these days??? Pretty sure we wouldn't have been allowed into prom back in the day wearing some of the dresses we saw!!! What were their mother's thinking letting them out of the house like that?! Hmm... maybe my age is showing after all! :) Anyway, we had a great dinner with lots of laughs, and then we headed to grab a few drinks to celebrate my birthday and a night without the kiddos. We headed home around midnight, I was tired (OK, definitely not 18 anymore.....) Then Sunday, we went to Chad's grandparents house for lunch and went to Target to finish out some shopping for the trip. That night we met my parents and Chad's parents at Red Robin by our house for dinner then went back to our house for my dad's famous chocolate cake and a round of Apples to Apples. Great birthday surrounded by my family and friends, what more could a girl ask for?!

5 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Happy birthday! Your weekend sounds perfect!

Jaime said...

I keep wondering when I will feel like an adult too...apparently 30 isn't the age either. :) Happy belated birthday!!

Melissa Edwards said...

What a wonderful birthday. You are so blessed!

Thayn Family said...

Happy birthday Brenden!!! I am glad that you had a great time and am so sorry that I have neglected you! Lets go to lunch on me, SOON! Love you so much :)

Traci said...

sounds like yall had a blast! We missed you this week! Have a blast on your cruise if I dont talk to you before!