June 10, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Charlotte!!!!

Today is my beautiful niece's 2nd birthday!!!  That's right, she and Graham are exactly 51 weeks apart! Meredith was due June 17th, 2009 and the following year I was due June 15th, 2010. Wasn't exactly planned that way, but what can I say? I always wanted to be like my older sister :)  I remember the day Charlotte was born like it was yesterday. Meredith went in the night before to get induced. She was blessed with a quick labor (and a year later thankfully, so was I)! Charlotte was exactly 7 pounds, 20 inches and born at 1:02 p.m. She had blonde hair, dark blue eyes (that ended up staying the most beautiful color of cornflower blue). She was so beautiful, and somehow still gets prettier every day. She is so smart, loving and hilarious. And she loves her Aunt B!!! I just adore her. I remember thinking when I was first pregnant with Graham, how can I love another baby as much as Charlotte?? Of course, that wasn't an issue afterall ;) But Charlotte is still my #1 GIRL. Last year, since my due date was so close to Char's 1st birthday, Mer was scared I was going to have Graham on her birthday, so she planned it 5 days early, positive I wouldn't deliver earlier than that. Well, as luck would have it, I went into labor 12 days early, and we came home from the hospital on the day of Char's party. We still managed to make an appearance, though! This year, we are definitely going to be there for the whole shebang :) We're heading to Austin later today. Happy 2nd birthday, sweet Charlotte!!! We love you soo much!!!!



No comments: