June 19, 2011

Recovery

This weekend has been pretty rough. They were able to get all 4 wisdom teeth, so that was a huge blessing. When I woke up, I was feeling pretty good, and it wasn't until the anesthesia wore off that I started feeling bad. I took my pain pills right away and the rest of the day I just spent resting and sleeping. I was in our bedroom the majority of the afternoon, and every once in a while, I would hear a little someone banging on the door looking for his Mama :) melted my heart.

I started to swell and by Saturday it was bad. My parents thankfully kept Graham Friday night so we could get some rest. When they brought him back over, I was looking pretty rough. The swelling really didn't go down much at all until this morning. Chad's parents kept Graham last night, and I rode with Chad to drop him off b/c Chad thought it would be good for me to get out for a bit. I ended up regretting it though, b/c we finally got back home and I was sooo ready to lay back down, and we discovered that when we had left my car (so they would have a carseat) we also left them our only house key we had with us. So we had to drive all the way back, with the blazing sun in my eyes the whole time, making my head pound. Not fun. After I rested for a bit, I felt better and we watched movies the rest of the evening.

Last night, I woke up around 3 and felt major swelling, so took some ibprofen and that helped some. All today my right side has gone down considerably but my left side his still gigantic. It is scary!! I have hardly moved off the couch all day, and have a pounding headache every time I get up. Then an hour or so ago I started running fever. My mom is coming over to help me out tomorrow moring. I am hoping I will feel a big difference in the morning, but we'll see.

 The doctor said he thought I would be pretty swollen b/c of how my teeth were, so he's not too concerned. My whole neck is sore and so is my jaw, and my swollen cheek hurts but my actual wisdom teeth spots don't really hurt at all. The swelling is supposed to recede by the 5th day (Tuesday) so needless to say, I can't wait. I have a picture of my swelling I almost posted, but I am too vain to let anyone see me this way. Well, besides family because they have to love me anyway!!

3 comments:

KatieOH said...

I swelled really bad too! Feel better!!

Jalei & Lane said...

Ouch! I hope it goes down soon. In the meantime, enjoy lots of milkshakes.

Mike and Suzi :) said...

I was wondering how you were doing. Definitely not fun. My mom fed me chicken broth multiple times before realizing it was out of date. I kept throwing up and she insisted it was the medication.