July 26, 2011

Galveston Family Trip 2011

























We had a great week with my side of the family! Growing up, every summer we would rent a beach house with my Aunt and Uncle and cousin Matt. It was so much fun, and we all have such great memories. We decided to revive the tradition this year, and we all got together for a week of beach fun. It was Chad, Graham and I, my sister and her family, my parents and my Aunt Patti and Uncle Todd. Matt had an internship in New Jersey (He is getting is Masters at the University of Chicago, and got his degree from Yale.... I guess he inherited all the brains in the family!!) We hung out on the beach (Graham enjoyed eating sand...) took the kids to Murdoch's and  the Rainforest Cafe one rainy day (Graham was a little scared of the loud noises and terrified of the River Ride Adventutre, poor baby!) Played cards, and board games, had a shrimp boil, made s'mores, fished, and watched Tangled about 500 times! :) A great time was had by all!! But, we were ready to come home. A week is a long time to have a 1 year old off his schedule in a non-baby proofed beach house!!! In fact, while we were loading the car on Sunday, I turned around for a second and then realized Graham was nowhere to be found.... he had climbed up the whole entire staircase all by himself!!!! Way to give your Mom a heartattack, Graham!!! Ha! Enjoy the pictures!! :)

2 comments:

KatieOH said...

That looks so fun! Where did you guys rent from?

And, all the way up the stairs?? YIKES!

Christina Bassi said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a blast. Miss Charlotte is getting so big. She is beautiful. We are going to the beach this weekend for the first time this summer. Garek likes to eat rocks, dog food, pretty much anything for that matter. I bet he is going to love eating the sand just like Graham. Don't you just love this age. I bet you guys are happy to be home. A week is a long time in a non kid proof house. I bet you were starting to go crazy by the end. I know I would of. Glad you had a great trip. :-)