August 24, 2011

2nd Doctor's Appointment for Little Baby P #2!!

I can't believe I'm just now posting this! A couple of weeks ago, we had our 2nd ultrasound for our new addition! We were so thankful that we were able to hear the little heartbeat! There is no sound more amazing than hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was beating a strong 154 beats per minute and the baby was measuring 7 weeks and 3 days. My due date is officially March 26, 2012!!! I am going to be doing a weekley pregnancy update every Monday, since that marks the beginning of my new week. I'm just doing one today though, so I don't miss any more weeks!

How Far Along: 9 weeks, 2 days

Size of baby: A medium green olive

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Down a couple of pounds from lack of appeite, but I'm sure that will change soon!
Maternity Clothes: No maternity clothes yet, but sleeping in a sports bra has become a necessity.

Gender: Chad and I both have a feeling baby P is a girl, we will know in 7 weeks!!

Movement: No movement yet, but baby is making movements already :)

Sleep: Ready to go to bed earlier, and waking up in the very early morning to pee ( I guess that's why they call it "the wee hours of the morning"! Haha)

What I miss: an occasional glass of wine, my morning coffee, and eating lunchmeat without having to warm it up to kill possible listeria, tea and coffe with sweet n' low

Cravings: fruit of every variety, strawberry & banana smoothies, cheetos, claussen dill pickles (spears only), mashed potatoes, &  random cravings for a specific type of food, then not wanting it at all after I eat it.

Symptoms: frequent peeing, sore boobs, gagging when I brush my teeth, food aversions.

Best Moment this week: fitting into some shorts I hadn't worn since before I got pregnant with Graham

Best comment of the week: "You're glowing!" Defintely one of my favorite pregnancy compliments :)

What I'm looking forward to: setting up our gender ultrsound and getting ready for the gender reveal party.

Milestones: Although the baby is still very small, it is beginning to look more like a human being. Baby's back is straightening out and the tail is shrinking. In proportion to the rest of his/her body, the head is large and remains curved forwards onto the chest. The head is erect and the neck is developing well. Even though the eyes are well developed, they are covered by a membrane lid. The eyes will not begin to open and close for quite some time still. Your baby will begin to make tiny fetal movements as the muscles start to develop.

Here is a baby at 9 weeks gestation: 





1 comment:

Melissa Edwards said...

We are due March 20th! Best of luck.