August 3, 2011

Updates All Around

This week has been kind of a rough one, well at least from the hours of 7:30 p.m. until 5 a.m. Our great sleeper has been waking up the past week and a half multiple times, and it's killing us!! At first, I thought it was an ear infection, so off we went to the pediatrician. No ear infection, but the doctor chalked it up to a one year molar coming in. Well, after several more sleepless nights, I have figured out it's seperation anxiety. He cries and cries and clings to us, and just wants to be in our room. Well, the past few nights we have been letting him cry for awhile, then going into his room, patting him and soothing him, but not picking him up unless he needs a new diaper. (I hope I don't jinx us), but it seems to be paying off. He went down tonight without crying at all, and so far so good. We will see. Last night he woke up twice, put himself back to sleep once and then the 2nd time, I changed him and he went back to sleep after a little fussing. I really hope we are turing a corner, because the first trimester fatigue on top of no sleep is complete torture!!

Speaking of baby #2, I am about 6 1/2 weeks along and feeling pretty good! I didn't really get sick with Graham, and that seems to be the case with this pregnancy so far. My only pregnancy symptoms are a little nausea when I first wake up, and just feeling like not much sounds good to eat, gagging when I brush my teeth and feeling like I got implants over night! I got some blood work done on Monday and last Thursday, and my hormone levels look great. It seems I ovulate really late in my cycle, so it makes it hard to date my pregnancies at first, which is why I got an ultrasound and blood work done, just to make sure all is well. I go back for another ultrasound in a week, and I should be about 7 weeks along. I should get a more accurate due date then. I am really excited to be pregnant again, and we are looking forward to preparing for life with a new sweet baby!!

No comments: