October 23, 2011

17 Weeks

How Far Along: 17 Weeks

Size of baby: An Onion
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I last weighed in at 123 so I've started gaining back a little.

Maternity Clothes: Same as last week: I'm wearing my bella band and using it to make regular jeans more comfy and hold up my maternity jeans since there still too loose. My normal shirts still fit fine.

Gender: Definitely a girl :)

Movement: I started feeling movement this week! I first felt her last Sunday and she hasn't stopped since!! I have felt lots of rolls, a few really strong kicks but mostly that "bubbles popping" feeling. Love it!!

Sleep: Sleeping good!

What I miss: Turkey sandwiches. Because of the risk of listeria, I have been avoiding lunch meats, but I miss them!

Cravings:  Hmm let's see... I had cookies and milk for breakfast the other day!

Symptoms: I have almost fainted twice now! Once was at my best friend Kirby's wedding. We were taking pictures and I almost passed out. I hadn't eaten much all day and had been running around, so I wasn't too shocked it caught up with me. But today it happened again! This time, I was at the pumpkin patch with G and Chad waiting for the hayride when I began to get super light headed and sick to my stomach. I had eaten lunch before we went and drank water and had some sugar in my system so I'm kind of at a loss. I think it was just standing still for a while and it was kind of hot. I never experienced this with Graham, so I am hoping this isn't going to be a frequent thing.
Best Moment this week: Getting an ultrasound and seeing her in 3D! She is so beautiful and big!!
Best comment of the week: Still getting compliments on how thin I am looking. I'm enjoying it now b/c I know it will be short-lived :)
What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery cleaned out and painting her room.
Milestones:
Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.

She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too


No comments: