October 25, 2011

18 Weeks

How Far Along: 18 Weeks

Size of baby: A Sweet Potato

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm at 123.5 so almost to what I was when I found out I was pregnant.

Maternity Clothes: I think the past week I popped a little more! I am in maternity pants, and using the bella band still pretty regularly. My regular shirts are starting to look a little funny unless they are long/stretchy/have an empire waste

Gender: GIRL!  Although I will feel even more confident after our 20 wk ultrasound. I don't really have any doubts, but I guess it's just still hard to believe I'm getting a daughter!

Movement: Last week I was feeling movement all the time, but yesterday I still felt her several times, but not as much. I think I was just running around a bunch yesterday so maybe I didn't notice. As I'm typing this though, I'm feeling her do a big roll and I can even feel a hard spot where she is pressing!

Sleep: Same as last week: Sleeping good!

What I miss: I am having some pangs for an ice cold dos equis with lime.

Cravings: Coke. I was dying for one at the grocery store this morning, and I had to stop at Mcdonlads on the way home. Also, chips and queso.

Symptoms: Still feeling light headed when I'm out and about. I felt a little faintish at the grocery store this morning. I need to make sure I have a bottled water and a little snack with me at all times.

Best Moment this week: Chad felt her kick for the first time! It was just a little one, but I hope there's a lot more to come in the coming weeks.

Best comment of the week: Same as last week: Still getting compliments on how thin I am looking. I'm enjoying it now b/c I know it will be short-lived :)

What I'm looking forward to: Getting the nursery cleaned out and painting her room. Also, taking weekly belly pictures. I finally found the perfect spot in the house to take them. I love seeing other peoples belly shots, but I am so bad at taking them! I'm going to try my very best to take one every week from now until we leave for the hospital.

Milestones: Baby's legs are now stretched out enough to measure head to toe. She's around 10 inches! This is crazy to me, because Graham was 19 inches at birth, so she's more than half way there!! :)


Can you believe she's yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing? She's twisting, rolling, punching and kicking, too -- and she's big enough that you might be able to feel her doing it!





No comments: