October 9, 2011

The Gender Reveal Party!!

Our computer is being worked on, so that's why I haven't been a good blogger lately. Not too much is new lately, except that last night we had our gender reveal party!!


First of all, Friday was our ultrasound and it was quite the stressful day. Our appointment was for 8:20 in the morning, so we had to drop off Graham at my parents house beforehand. Well, on the way there, I get a call from my doctor's office & the ultrasound tech called in sick so we weren't going to be able to get an ultrasound! Needless to say I was in a panic b/c we had about 20 or so people (including my sister from Austin) coming to our house the next night for our gender reveal party. After many phone calls to several ultrasound places like peek a baby, and a phone call to my old doctors office and a few other people, my doctor's nurse called me saying they were going to bring in the tech who had the day off to do a few urgent ultrasounds and if I could be there at 11:30 they could get me in!!! Thank the Lord!!! So we got our ultrasound and even though the ankles were crossed the tech was able to tell with 99.9 % certainty what we were having. Then, we dropped off the envelope to the bakery. The next day the only drama was that the cake got a little messed up on the way home from picking it up, but I was able to take it back and it was fixed without me seeing anything. A little bit of a stressful two days but the party was so fun and went off without a hitch. Thank you to all our wonderful family and friends for coming to celebrate with us and find out if we were in for more blue or a big dose of pink!!

 I pretty much handmade a lot of the decorations from scrapbook paper I already had and bought everything else from the dollar store and hobby lobby.

 raspberry sherbet and 7 up punch and blue Hawaiian punch
 confetti cupcakes with homemade icing (I googled the recipe that DC cupcakes uses...delish!) and marshmallow pops!


 The cake!!!! From The Bake Shoppe in Cypress


 TEAM BLUE!!!
 TEAM PINK!!!
It was about 50/50 but most people who wore blue really thought it was going to be a girl but just didnt have a pink shirt, ha! We have thought from the beginning it was a girl, but of course would've been thrilled either way.
 Me and all my girlfriends were on TEAM PINK!

 The "Old Wives Tales" Game... Girl Won!



 Cutting the cake... It's A.....





 GIRL!!!!!!!!!!



We are thrilled to have a daughter!!!! I still can't believe it!!! We have decided on the name Claire Addison. Addison has a special meaning for us because we got engaged in Addison, TX on March 27th, and Claire is due on March 26th!! We picked the name Claire because we loved it, and we think it goes really well with Graham. We can't wait to meet you, Baby Claire!!!!!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

So exciting!! Happy for y'all!

Jalei & Lane said...

Yea! Girls are SO MUCH FUN! I really love the idea of your gender reveal party. I think I want to do that next time. Congrats!

Christina Bassi said...

Congrats! How exciting. The party looked like so much fun. Cute idea. :-)

The Sweatman Family said...

Congrats!! Girls are absolutely DARLING ;)