November 27, 2011

Not a Fun Weekend

Early Friday morning Chad came down with a stomach bug. I called my parents and they came and picked up Graham as soon as they got home from Tyler so he wouldn't catch it. They kept him overnight and I spent the day taking care of my sick hubby and trying to disinfect the house. Before my parents picked up Graham, I ran with him to the grocery to pick up all the necessities in case we all caught it and then couldn't go to the store. It's the first time since we've been married that  any of us caught something like this, so I guess it was bound to happen.

I got bottled water, a bunch of gatorade, 2 different types of pedialyte, milk (just because we were out) lysol disinfecting spray, clorox wipes, baby tylenol, pepto, immodium, new toothbrushes, soup, hand santizers, diapers and jello. I may have gone a little overboard, but I wanted to be as prepared as possible! My parents came and got Graham after he ate lunch, and kept him until the next afternoon. Chad layed on the couch the whole day, but 24 hours later he was feeling back to normal again.

I disinfected and cleaned the whole house top to bottom and I'm almost done washing everything in the house I can/anything Chad touched or slept on.  By the time my parents brought Graham back, Chad was feeling perfectly fine, so we went and got a Chrismtas tree and decorated it last night. Chad is not feeling so hot again, I think he may have overdone it yesterday, so he is taking it easy again today. So far Graham and I are feeling great, so I'm praying we dodged the bullet and my disinfecting craziness will pay off. Today we're just laying low. I'm finishing up the laundry and going to try to orgainze some of Claire's nursery. It's a huge mess. I'll update soon with Christmas deocrations and nursery progress. Her bedding still hasn't come in, so hopefully it will be showing up tomorrow, I think the Thanksgiving week slowed down the delivery. Here's a sneak peek of our tree, a little big but we love it!



No comments: