December 1, 2011

23 Weeks

How Far Along: 23 Weeks


Size of baby: A Papaya


Total Weight Gain: 4-5 Pounds, same as last week


Maternity Clothes: Yep


Gender: Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!


Movement: I don't think Claire is nearly as active as her big brother, or maybe she's sleeping a lot these days, but I don't notice her too much unless I am being still or just ate or drank something really hot or cold. She's definitely moving on the regular, but maybe I'm just busy playing with & chasing  my 18 month old, so I don't notice as much!

Sleep: Sleeping soundly, but I am feeling the backache beginning. With Graham I had a pain in my mid-upper back that hurt constantly. I think I am starting to feel that same pain again. Chad's backrubs and my pregnancy pillow help out though :)

What I miss: Soft cheese, I wanted some mushrooms stuffed with feta so bad at Thanksgiving!!

Cravings: Anything! My appetite is starting to increase and everything is sounding good these days.
Symptoms:  Getting harder to bend over, and feeling the pressure from my belly press into my lungs when I'm sitting down.


Best Moment this week: Last Thanksgiving as a family of 3, and hanging Claire's 1st ornament on our Christmas tree!! We even have a stocking for her ready to go, but I think I'm going to wait to get it monogrammed until after she is born.

Best comment of the week: Being told that pregancy really suits me! :)



What I'm looking forward to:  Same as last week: Getting Claire's crib skirt and crib sheets in that I orederd; cleaning out/organizing Claire's nursery, and matching a paint color from her bedding to paint the walls!!

Milestones: At about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces, baby's not just getting bigger, she's getting even cuter.  She's forming little nipples (yeah, really!) Her face is fully formed now -- she just needs a little extra fat to fill it out. She's listening to your voice and your heartbeat -- and even to loud sounds like cars honking and dogs barking.




No comments: