December 6, 2011

24 Weeks--- 6 months pregnant!

I can't believe I am 24 weeks, aka 6 months along!!! I feel like this pregnancy is going by fast now. In just 4 more weeks I'll be in the 3rd trimester, that is insane!!!

How Far Along: 24 Weeks


Size of baby: Still a Papaya


Total Weight Gain: I'm at 131.4, so I've gained about 6 pounds total, which I'm very happy with! At this point, I think 10-15 pound weight gain is normal. I really hope I can be around 25 pounds at delivery!

Maternity Clothes: My favorite maternity jeans are the ones with the full panel. Last time, I loved the ones with the band, but those I keep having to pull up this time. I am wearing mainly maternity shirts now too.


Gender: She better be a girl!


Movement: Lots of kicks and rolls. I am hoping Graham will feel her kick soon, although I know he'll have no idea what's going on. I tried to get him to come over and feel her kick this morning, but he refused.


Sleep: Last night I slept pretty good, but I did have a lot of dreams about her moving/stretching/ having contractions. I wonder if I really was feeling those kicks or not. The night before and another time this week, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep for over an hour and a half. Not looking forward to the start of pregnancy insomnia!

What I miss: Sleeping on my back!


Cravings: Nothing in particular this week.

Symptoms:  I've been getting some heartburn the past couple of days. I wonder if baby girl will have a full head of hair? ;)


Best Moment this week: Getting Claire's nursery cleaned out/ organized. It still has a ways to go, but we picked a paint color! Sherwin Williams Angelic. It's so pretty, feminine and soft. We love it!!!!


Best comment of the week: Nothing comes to mind.


What I'm looking forward to:  I need to go ahead and order Claire's crib and dresser. Hopefully this weekend we will paint her room!


Milestones: Your 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week she gets closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world. Her see-through skin is gradually becoming more opaque.And it's got a new pink glow, thanks to the small capillaries that have recently formed.

24 weeks is also the point of viability. If Claire were to be born now, she would have a good chance at survivial. Crazy that Josie Duggar was born at this point!!!

No comments: