December 12, 2011

25 Weeks

How Far Along: 25 Weeks

Size of baby: An Eggplant! During month six, the average fetus measures about 13.6 inches to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds.

Total Weight Gain: I'm at 132.5 so, up 8ish pounds. Looks like I'm gaining about a pound a week right now, which is right on target! Yay!

Maternity Clothes: I am headed to Old Navy today to pick up some more maternity jeans. I tried to wear my favorite pair from my last pregnancy last night and they were soooo uncomfortable!!! I just can't do that band this time around, gotta have the full panel.


Gender: Girl, and I need to get my butt in gear and get this girl some bows!!


Movement: She's getting bigger!! I'm feeling her kick me way up high & down low simultaneously.


Sleep: Well, our son has been having an awful time sleeping these past few nights, so not sleeping good right now!! Fingers crossed but last night was waaay better. He didn't wake up until 4 am and then again around 6 at which point I just brought him in our bed so I could sleep a little longer.

What I miss: Sleeping on my back!

Cravings: Nothing in particular this week.


Symptoms: Heartburn on and off, feeling the weight of my belly and not being able to get around as fast. Also, getting full fast because my stomach is getting squished, I guess. Also, I am pretty sure I felt a little braxton hicks contraction last night. My gums are bleeding when I brush my teeth. Also, I noticed that I don't have the linea nigra this time around. Maybe it will still show up, but when I was pregnant with Graham I had one that went all the way past my belly button. I wonder if it's because hormones when your pregnant with girls and boys are so different? No stretch marks and my belly button is going flat but when I sneeze or cough it kind of pokes out, LOL :)



Best Moment This Week: Hearing her heartbeat on the doppler


Best Comment of the Week: Nothing comes to mind. In fact, I'm not getting many "stranger comments" on my prengancy at all this time around! I don't know if it's the fact that I have a toddler with me most of the time, or because it's winter and I'm wearing more layers my belly isn't as noticible to the average person, or what...but I have to admit I kind of want people to notice and ask about my pregnancy! Is that weird? I find myself working it into a casual conversation, just so I can talk about her!


What I'm looking forward to:  Buying her some Christmas presents this week!


Milestones:She's enjoying her new sense of equilibrium -- she now knows which way is up and which is down. She's growing more fat and more hair too!

 So neat, I wish we could remember what it's like in there. She can definitely hear us, and she kicked Chad a bunch of times while he was talking to her the other night. I think we may have a "Daddy's girl" on our hands :) She also likes to kick her brother when I'm rocking him at night.

* I promise I will post a belly pic tonight. I've been majorly slacking in that department, the weeks are just flying by!! I really want to document my belly though, so I need to be better!!!

No comments: