December 19, 2011

26 Weeks

How Far Along: 26 Weeks

Size of baby: An Eggplant! She's still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range, and developing her senses, features and talents!

Total Weight Gain: 134.7, so I've gained about 10 pounds total so far.

Maternity Clothes: The pair of jeans I bought online last week came in and they are too big. I ordered a size 6, even though my current size is a 4, but I wanted to give myself some extra growing room for the last trimester. I think they're way too big though, so I'll be taking them back.

Gender: I think I'm going to take this question out, since we all know she is a girl! :)


Movement: Bigger movements every week. I feel her a lot in the morning when I first wake up. She also starts kicking a lot if Chad and I are on the couch and he's talking.

Sleep: At night, I'm sleeping good these days, and staying asleep, unless a certain little someone wakes up crying. I am addicted to my pregnancy pillow. I have the boppy one from Target, and I use it in a horseshoe shape. The bigger part goes behind my back and the smaller part under my tummy. The middle supports my legs so my back stays aligned.

What I miss: Sleeping on my back, being able to move around easily and bend over.

Cravings: Pop-tarts! Every morning lately I eat 2 pop-tarts and a glass of milk. I told Chad last night, I seriously look forward to pop-tarts the next morning when I go to bed, haha

Symptoms: The heartburn has been better, and I haven't even taken any medicine for it yet. The big news though, is that I feel like my body is already gearing up for labor. Last week, I started having a lot of braxton hicks. Wednesday morning, I got up from the couch and felt that strong tightening in my stomach. I remember with Graham, I thought he was just stretching, but now I know that it's a contraction. I ran errands all day, and by that evening, I was hurting. I had to rest the rest of the night, and even resting I felt a bunch more. The next day, I decided to take G for a walk, and we didn't get very far when I started to feel strong radiating pains underneath my belly on both sides. I kept walking, hoping they would ease up, but I finally decided to turn back. I kept having braxton hicks on and off the rest of the week, so by Friday I called just to make sure all was well. The nurse assured me it was normal, to drink plenty of water, and that the radiating pain was round ligament pain, which is what I suspected. It was different than the RLP I'd felt in the past, though. Anyway, Chad was supposed to leave town to go hunting all weekend, but we felt it would be better if he was here to help me with  Graham. Last night when I tried to get off the couch (I know, it sounds like all I do is lay on the couch--haha) I felt some strong pelvic pain that felt like it was either pressure from the baby or ligaments/muscles being stretched. I feel like I didn't feel any of these symptoms until I was well into the 30 week period with Graham, but I guess for a 2nd pregnancy, it's normal.

Best Moment This Week: Lots of good moments this week: Going to Taste of Texas with good friends for a "See You Later" dinner for our friends Amanda and Brad who are moving back to Mississippi. It was a fun night, but we will miss them so much. Amanda has been doing all our family pictures for the past few months and will be able to do my maternity pictures before they leave!


Best Comment of the Week: I've been getting several comments about how I'm carrying differently this time, which is so true! Weird, how different pregnancies effect your body differently.


What I'm looking forward to:  Christmas!! Also, once the holidays have come and gone, we are going to get down to business with her nursery, and I can't wait!

Milestones: Her eyes are forming, and her eyes will soon start to open. Her eyelashes are now grown, too. She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies. She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.


No comments: