December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

On Christmas morning, my boys decided to sleep in, so I got up early and got everything ready! I lit the fire in the fireplace, put the monkey bread in the oven, turned on the Christmas lights, turned on a Christmas movie and then woke Chad up. We video taped Graham walking in the living room, but I'll upload the video later. The first thing he saw was his Mickey Mouse he had gotten the night before, so he just wanted to play with that instead of opening his presents. Chad actually took it away, but when Graham had a meltdown, we gave it back :) So, we ended up opening the majority of his presents.



 Santa brought Graham 2 Melissa and Doug chunky puzzles, a Kenneth Cole outfit (jeans and a plaid hoodie), a Puma outfit, 2 shirts, a sweater, A Melissa and Doug wooden peg and hammer, a potty, a few bibs, socks, a hat, a pair of shoes, a Thomas the Train & Friends Christmas movie, and The Night Before Christmas book.


Miss Claire got a few things too! She got a book with several fairytales, two bibs and bloomers.
 Chad got a pair of boots, a tie and belt organizer, a set of pilsner glasses and some socks.
I got a purse, a pair of flats, a pair of black boots and a sweater.


After all the presents were unwrapped, we dug into the monkey bread and had some much-needed coffee :)


A tired set of parents

After the damage was done
When all the gifts were openened, and breakfast was over, we let Graham play with all his toys before he went down for his nap. He slept like a champion, and we almost had to wake him up so we could head to my parents for Christmas dinner.

We celebrated the day with Mer, Randall, Charlotte, my parents, my Aunt Ann and Uncle Sonny and my cousin Shannon and his family.


 After the yummy turkey dinner, we began opening presents! Graham was once again spoiled rotten. He seriously cleaned up this year!! We are so blessed to have such a generous family. He got a "Rody horse" from Mer and Randall, a bunch of books and a ride-on dump truck from my Aunt Patti and Uncle Todd along with lots of blocks, a play grill from my parents along with a ton of adorable Baby Gap clothes, and 2 movies (An American Tale and Cars), a bunch more books, including 2 about being a big brother, one that has Graham and Claire's names in it! An electronic alphabet-learning toy that he loves from my cousin's family, and some cute clothes and a book from my Aunt Ann and Uncle Sonny.

Claire got an adorable onesie from my parents too. So sweet that she was in on the festivities!! :)
The kids on the Rody's with Landon supervising :)

This is an awesome toy, especially considering Graham's obsession with any and all things "tractors and trucks"!

 Chad got an electric knife sharpener and sweater from my parents, he was so excited because he had no idea he was getting that, and he has been wanting one. I was so excited to see him open it, since I was in on the secret :)

I got a cream cashmere scarf and money to go towards my new dishes! We also got a beautiful snow globe from Ginny and Shannon.


We got Gracie and Haley shower gel and lotion, Landon a superhero blow up hop toy, and pictures of Graham for my Aunt and Uncle and Ginny and Shannon. We also got Charlotte a Princess baby doll and clothes and a hat from Baby Gap. We got my Mom canisters for her kitchen, my dad a tie and belt organizer and as their joint present we got them an electric juicer.


After the day was over, we headed to Chad's grandparents house to exchange gifts with them. Someone was a little worn out from all the excitement....



Graham some more adorable clothes, several books, a bath time book and a Cars toy. Chad got a bunch of  food from Omaha Steak, and I got a cute scarf and silver hoops. So sweet!! We got them a picture of Graham and a cook book.


After our short visit, we had to head home to put Graham to bed. What a fun-filled day. We feel so blessed to have such wonderful families to spend Christmas with. 


All of the gifts are so fun and wonderful, but the greatest gift by far is the birth of our savior, Jesus.

Luke 1:31-33 “…And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

1 comment:

Melissa Edwards said...

Sounds like you all had a very blessed Christmas! Hope you are feeling well.