January 16, 2012

30 Weeks!!!

How Far Along: 30 Weeks!!!! Finally in the 30's, feels like it's all downhill from here!!


Size of baby: A Squash (Not the yellow kind, but the orange pumpkin-looking kind) Your 15.2- to 16.7-inch, 2.5- to 3.8-pound baby continues to grow.


Total Weight Gain: 140.6, up at about 16 pounds


Maternity Clothes: My friends are so generous! My sweet friend Traci let me borrow her maternity coat a few monts back, it's just too bad there haven't been that many cold days here yet. And my friend Lindsay let me borrow a huge back of clothes this week. Jeans, capris, lots of cute shirts, and it all fit perfect! When I was pregnant with Graham it was a different season, so I am so thankful for all my generous friends for loaning me their cute clothes!!

Movement: Lots of movement from this girl! It seems to kick up a bit in the evenings. I usually gasp a few times a day from a surprising/ tiny bit painful jab from my little sweetie. I don't mind though, because I love feeling her move and knowing she's doing well. She gets the hiccups a lot still and I always feel them way down low. I can feel her elbows and heels a lot and I feel her a lot on my right side.


Sleep: Sleeping good still for the most part. I woke up around 3:30-4 to pee last night and couldn't go back to sleep for a while, but other than that I am still sleeping good.
What I miss: Cuddling with Chad because I've had to move over to the loveseat for the most part for watching TV at night. It's just way more comfortable to have my own space.
Cravings: Peanut butter was a big one this week
Symptoms: Sciatic pain is still gone for now!! Lots of ligament stretching causing soreness and my gums were bleeding when I brushed my teeth, and I was having some leg cramps. Lots of forgetfullness, just feeling scatter-brained and bumping into stuff with my stomach. Also, at night it gets harder to move around and I feel like my stomach is bigger. Also, kind of gross but my belly button is flat now, but when I cough or laugh it kind of juts out! Don't remember that happening with Graham.

Best Moment This Week: Getting the crib in (even if we've yet to set it up)!!


Best Comment of the Week: Nothing in particular comes to mind.

What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower brunch my sister, friend Traci and Mom are throwing for me!!! I am so blessed!!! Also, touring the hospital where I'll deliver since it's a different one than where I delivered Graham.

Milestones: Your baby's bone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells (before, tissue groups and then the spleen took care of producing the blood cells). This is an important step for your baby, because it means he or she is better able to thrive on his or her own once born (with a little TLC from you, of course). So it's in with the new (brain cells, red blood cells) and out with the old (lanugo). Much of the lanugo — the soft, downy hair covering your baby's body — is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating your baby's body temperature (so no need for that furry coat anymore). But you may see a few leftover strands of fur on your newborn's back and shoulders.


No comments: