January 25, 2012

Tidbits

This past weekend was super low-key, just the way I like it (esp. for being 7.5 months pregnant). Friday, Chad got home from Dallas and we went to Target to pick up a few groceries. I also got a new rug for our kitchen I've been eyeing for awhile that was on sale! I think this one fits much better with the look I'm going for, and it's even made me like the shades in the breakfast area better! After our Target run, we decided last minute to grab some Mexican food at our favorite local restaurant to celebrate Chad getting into Presidents Club.

Saturday we literally didn't leave the house all day. I was on Pinterest and decided to try out some cleaning tips I found. We have stainless steel Calphalon pots and pans that Chad's brother and his wife got us for our wedding that I love, but over the years have become stained. I found a super easy way to clean them, and we were amazed at the results!!! They sparkle like new, I was so excited!!! Chad's grandparent's stopped by for a visit, and Graham had a blast showing off for them.

Saturday night I made meatloaf and potatoes and we watched The Notebook b/c it was on TV. Then on Sunday we went to church and had our friends Jared and Kelley come over for a bit, so Chad could get some tips on his new garage gym he's planning. Last week, he cleaned out the garage and added shelving for storage, and he plans to make his own Crossfit gym in the garage. He was doing Crossfit for several months, but because it was so expensive, and we have several expenses coming up with Claire due in a few months, he quit and joined a 24  hour gym. He really got spoiled by Crossfit, though, so 24-hour isn't cutting it. He has big plans for our garage, so I'll post pics as it comes together! After Claire arrives, he says he'll train me and my friend Lindsay, and he's all excited about it.



Sunday afternoon I made the best chocolate chip cookies. I found the recipe HERE they were easy to make, and the recipe made a ton! I am on a cookie kick lately. For some reason, I always thought homemade cookies were hard to make, but they are actually pretty easy! Sunday evening we went for a long walk, then grilled burgers and watched Desperate Housewives after Graham went to bed.

There's a horse that lives near our neighborhood on some land, and we sometimes go say hi to it on our walks.
We didn't work on Claire's nursery this weekend, but we have plans to finish it very soon!! It's storming pretty bad here today (tornado watches/warnings and everything), so we'll probably have a lazy day at home.


1 comment:

Traci said...

Omg, that totally looks like a little chad and a little Jared in that wagon! Btw, I would like to join in on the training too;)