January 30, 2012

Weekly Dinner Menu

MONDAY: Last night I made a new recipe, crock-pot mac n' cheese and it turned out amazing!!! We had it with a store-bought rotisserie chicken (love those) and  steamed brocolli. We have a LOT of leftovers, so we'll be eating that again tonight. The recipe for the mac n' cheese is HERE, super easy! I used about 3/4 of a package of an italian blend cheese (it's all I had left, and it was plenty), and added in plenty of freshly ground pepper, a generous dose of chili powder and dried oregeno. I also added some italian bread crumbs on top that I had sauteed in olive oil just before serving. I cooked the mac n' cheese on high for about 1.5 hours, because I started it late, and it turned out perfect. Just make sure to check if the middle is set. You'll be able to tell if it's done. Once I turned it on Keep Warm,  thickened up a little more also.

TUESDAY: Dinner with my Mom


WEDNESDAY: Steak, Crash Hot Potatoes, and Salad


THURSDAY: Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake I think I'm going to substitute the chicken for shrimp this time. Cheddar Biscuits and Salad


FRIDAY: Parmesean Tilapia this is a new recipe too, green beans and rice

SATURDAY: I think we might be going on a date night! :)

SUNDAY: Lunch: Frozen Pizza
Dinner: Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

No comments: