February 6, 2012

33 Weeks and a Check-Up

Today I had a check up for Miss Claire Addison. She is doing great! Her heartbeat was in the 140's, she is head down and measuring right on track. My blood pressure looked great, no protein in my urine and my doctor thinks she will be around 7 pounds at birth. I go back in 3 weeks, which is when she will start to check if I'm dialated and effaced. After that, I will go every week until I deliver! It's really coming down to the wire now, and I'm getting so excited. I keep picturing her delivery and the days following. I know a lot of people hate staying in the hospital, but Chad and I both kind of like it. It's fun getting to rest and have visitors come meet your baby and just ease into your new life. It may be different this time, with one kid at home. I'm going to miss Graham and worry about him, but I can't wait for him to meet his sister.


How Far Along: 33 Weeks


Size of baby: A honeydew 17.2-18.7 inches and 4.2-5.8 pounds


Total Weight Gain: 145.3 up at about 20 pounds.


Maternity Clothes: I got some pj's this past week and they are sooo much more comfortable. I need to go get my outfit for my babyshower this weekend!

Movement: Hiccups, kicks, rolls, lots of movement.

Sleep:Sleeping good. Chad has been a super nice hubby and been rubbing my back before bed every night. It's definitely helping me go to sleep and stay asleep!
What I miss: Doing anything with ease! Oh yeah, and I'm starting to have that pregnancy waddle. It looks cute on other pregnant women, but I just feel huge and uncomfortable, ha!
Cravings: Nothing specific.
Symptoms:  Same as last week: Some heartburn in the evenings, linea nigra is getting darker, and I'm starting to have some mild swelling in the evenings. Nothing like I had with Graham, but I think my feet and ankles look slightly swollen and my wedding ring is a little harder to take off at night. Also, still having braxton hicks. Also, I've been seeing some flashes of light this weekend a couple of times. My doctor said it's normal and my blood pressure looks great, so nothing to be concerned about.

Best Moment This Week: Chad finished painting the nursery and we set up the crib! Going to get several more things done this week, hopefully.
Best Comment of the Week: Hearing the Claire is head down, measuring right on track and everything looks great! :)

What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower, finishing up the nursery (hopefully this weekend we will be able to get a lot done), painting her rocking chair and touring the hospital.


Milestones: She's keeping her eyes open while awake. She's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Her bones are hardening. And she's going through (more) major brain development -- that's one smart baby!

No comments: