February 27, 2012

36 Weeks {9 Months Pregnant!!!!}

This morning I had my doctor's appointment which kicked off my weekly check-ups!  My weight gain and blood pressure were great, 68/112 (or something like that) and Claire's heartbeat was in the high 150's, low 160's which my doctor said was perfect. Claire is still head down, but hasn't dropped yet. She did an internal and I am dialated to a (small) 1 and 50% effaced!

How Far Along: 36 Weeks


Size of baby: A coconut! At my check up my doctor said she was probably around 6 pounds!


Total Weight Gain: 23 pounds


Maternity Clothes: Of course!


Movement: I think we have a pretty active little girl on our hands. A few times this week, I felt some sharp jabs to my ribs which made me yell out in pain. She still favors my right side, and will push back if I push on her.


Sleep: Same as last week: Sleeping good still. I think my pregnancy pillow has been my saving grace for sure!



What I miss: Being able to lay on my stomach, roll out of bed easy, and chase Graham around as much as I want. It's getting harder and harder to haul Graham around and get him in and out of his crib. I'm still managing fine on my own during the day, but I defnitely have no problem with Chad's help in the evenings and on the weekends. Graham is also getting really good about holding my hand and walking when I need him to. In the evenings when I'm trying to cook he seems to be the clingiest to me.



Cravings: Cheesecake!



Symptoms:  Still noticing the swelling. Wedding ring is getting pretty tight. I am still feeling that soreness right on my rib cage and lots of braxton hicks.



Best Moment This Week: Getting her nursery finished (with the exception of 2 things for the walls)



What I'm looking forward to: Touring the hospital tonight and a date with Chad beforehand at Cheesecake Factory :) Washing her clothes, sheets and blankets and packing the hospital bag. I'm also actually really looking forward to labor. Particularly how and when I'm going to go into labor this time. I'm not the only one either, my mom told me when I picked up Graham after my appointment today that everytime I call she's on high alert wondering if this is The Call... haha...

Milestones:  She's getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on her own. Her skin is getting smooth and soft and her gums are rigid. Her liver and kidneys are in working order. Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.
The belly.... 36 Weeks!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

9 months! I am so excited for you! :-)