February 24, 2012

Catching Up

Besides the trip to L&D, I never did write about what we did for Valentine's Day. It was pretty low-key this year. Graham and I had a little lunch date at Chick-fil-A. I wanted to do something special with him, and I had found a ton of cute V-day ideas on PINTEREST, but I was too lazy/pregnant to get around to any of that. So, off to Chick-fil-A we went. He was not a fan of the Chick-fil-A cow that was there greeting the kids. He was so scared he was actually shaking!!! Poor baby :( Everyone was apologizing to us for scaring him, haha!
Graham's lunch date with Momma

After lunch, we went to Target to pick up a few last minute Valentine's goodies for the grandparents. I got it in my head that we would surprise Chad's mom and my parents at work and Graham  could give them Valentine's. I also picked up a few goodies for Graham (A Mickey Mouse t-shirt, new shoes, socks and a pack of play-doh). Anyway, we ended up spending too much time in Target, so we only made it to Chad's mom's work. She loved her surprise Valentine and we had one for Pepaw too. Graham was so cute, running up to her with her card going "Card! Here go!" "Here go!" So, so precious!!! We gave my parents their Valentine's later that night when they came over to babysit.
Visiting Grandma at work

Chad and I went to our favorite local Italian restaurant. It's fairly small and has a really nice/romantic atmosphere. It's family owned and everyone there is so nice and always takes good care of us. We split our usual, a calzone with caesar salads and shared a delicous chocolate dessert. During dinner is when my contractions started, so you know what happened after that.

This past weekend we went to Graham's friend Judd's 2nd birthday party at a local Children's Museum. Graham loves that place, he is so fast these days I was glad to have Chad with us to chase him.




Playing at the Children's Museum

That evening I had made one of our new favorite meals. Ranch House Crock-Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes so we ate that and then Chad's parents watched Graham while we went to see The Vow. It was pretty good, nothing over-the-top great about it, but we liked it. Sunday, we went to church and then picked up a fridge from Chad's parents that they had been using in their garage that they didn't need anymore. It's so nice having the extra storage in our garage now!! I already made double for dinner the other night and froze half so we have a meal ready to go after Claire is born.
Ranch House Pork Chops and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes with salad. SOOO yummy and easy!!
Graham looooved this meal, he literally licked the plate!!!

I'm still having lots of Braxton Hicks, and I have an appointment on Monday where I'll be checked to see my progress. I know I still have several weeks to go, but I'm getting anxious. Today the cradle was delivered and her chandlier is supposed to be here by Saturday. I can't wait to get those set up!!!

We went to Target on Monday and dropped a small forturne on getting the rest of the essentials for Claire and me and a bunch of groceries. Claire still needed a mattress for her crib, newborn socks, a newborn care-kit and I couldn't resist an adorable pair of gold shoes for her. I got some nursing essentials (2 shirts, 3 bras, lansinoh, nursing pads). Can't believe in probably less than a month I will be a nursing mom again. I hope the begnining is easier the second time around! This week I also ordered her some flower headbands from Etsy. The stores are Pretty Baby Bowtique and Headband Blossoms. I can't wait until they arrive!!




Sooo precious!!!! I can't wait to put these on her!!!
I tried to get colors she could wear with several different outfits.


Last night my mom came over to help me since Chad had to go to the rodeo cook-off for a work function. Graham is coming down with something, and threw up yesterday and has a cough. I was supposed to go to dinner with some friends, but decided I should stay home with Graham since he was being so clingy and fussy. He doesn't have much of an appetite either, which is not like him at all. I am praying I don't catch whatever it is so close to Claire's due date and that Graham gets better soon. We've been couped up this week and I had to get out of the house for a bit, so we grabbed a quick bite at a local 50's diner and then came home and put Graham to bed. He had a hard time with naps yesterday and going to bed last night. Around 11 I finally brought him into our bed until Chad got home.

Playing with the cozy coupe outside earlier this week
I had a ton more contractions last night and my mom is positive Claire will be here in a couple of weeks! I hope so, because as much as I love being pregnant, I'm kind of over it at this point. I am starting to retain some water and I have had to retire my wedding ring for now. I just want to deliver her before I start swelling too bad. I go to the doctor on Monday and we tour the hospital Monday night. Next week I'll probably pack the hospital bag and wash her blankets and clothes so that will all be taken care of by the time I'm 37 weeks. After the chandelier arrives (hopefully by Saturday) I'll post the pictures of her nursery!

Playdate Wednesday morning with friends!
If you made it throught this super long post, thank you!!! :) Hoepfully Monday I will have some pictures of Claire's nursery up and some news from the doctor that I've made some progress. Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the post. Love u. Can I have a gold star? ;)

Rachel said...

Hi Brenden,
I love seeing all your updates on your beautiful family. I wanted to share with you as the mother of a daughter that ALWAYS has a bow in her hair. You can get cheap headbands at Hobby Lobby to use with interchangeable bows. I originally was only buying them on etsy, but the headbands are available at HL for 2 for $1.99.
Peyton only recently has enough hair for a ponytail so she lived in headbands her first year. Just wanted to share... :)
Rachel

Melissa Edwards said...

Very pretty bows. I know the anxiety is killing you, me too. They will be here before we know it.

Rest up!

Oh, and I am totally going to try that recipe this weekend. Thanks!