March 5, 2012

37 Weeks {Full Term!!}

How Far Along: 37 Weeks


Size of baby: A Watermelon.... ouch!


Total Weight Gain: 28 pounds, I'm sure at least 5 pounds of that is water weight!


Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah.... and I am looking forward to fitting back in my regular clothes again


Movement: This chick has been crazy lately! I have been feeling lots of knees, elbows, arms, her butt moving from side to side, anything you could think of. It actually kind of scared/freaked me out the other night when I felt her push out all at once, you could literally feel the outline of her whole body, it was insane!


Sleep: A little trouble going back to sleep after getting up to potty, but other than that I've been sleeping soundly and trying to enjoy these last few nights of uninterrupted sleep!


What I miss: Just being able to get around easily without being in pain. I literally can't walk sometimes because of the pressure, or her sitting on a nerve. My belly is so heavy and I am retaining lots of water lately. I am still able to pick up Graham, but he is good about holding my hand most of the time when I ask him to. I can't wait to be able to rock him without my big belly being in the way, and throw him up in the air, and take him on long walks.
Cravings: Apples

Symptoms:  Swelling! My poor feet and ankles are huge. My legs are retaining lots of water and feel so gross. It's uncomfortable, and unattractive, but I know it will disappear soon after the birth, so I'm not stressing about it. I just think of it as weight that will be that much easier to lose! 

Best Moment This Week: Lots of  fun this week!! I got a mani/pedi on Friday, a prenatal massage on Saturday afternoon and yesterday we took maternity pictures with our good friend, Amber Dean! We met in Madisonville and had so much fun. Amber and her husband Jeremy were in all of Chad's real estate classes at UNT and they got married a little over a year ago. Amber did an amazing job and I can't wait to see the pictures!!! Graham was even in a good mood and loved hanging out with them, too :) After we finished with pictures, we grabbed a bite at a local mexican restaurant and visited before heading home. Here's Amber's website, if you live in the Dallas area, you have to check her out!
Best Comment of the Week: While we were leaving the restaurant last night, we heard a lady tell her friend, while gesturing to me, "She's having a girl." Chad turned around and said "You're right! How did you know that?" and she said "I dont' know, but I'm never wrong." Haha! Crazy!


What I'm looking forward to: My doctor appointment tomorrow (hoping I am close to going into labor!!) A girl's night dinner at PF Chang's on Thursday, and getting all the last minute things ready for Claire. (Deep cleaning the house, getting my car washed and detailed, packing the hospital bag and installing the carseat) Taking lots of walks, and doing all I can to get this labor going!

Milestones:  Get excited. At 37 weeks, your baby has reached full term. That means she's developed her most crucial functions. Of course, she’ll get even healthier and stronger over the next few weeks, so don’t get too impatient. Around week 37, many moms-to-be find themselves organizing cupboards and scrubbing their floors. That’s the nesting instinct kicking in as your body senses baby will be here shortly. It also might be your brain’s way of making sure you’re prepared for just about anything, so you can feel like you have an extra edge on this whole new parent thing. She's practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking. She's getting her first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for her first diaper.



Here's a little sneak peek Amber posted this morning of my maternity session!!


2 comments:

Christina said...

So cute! You always get the best pictures! :-)

Christina said...

So cute! You always get the best pictures! :-)