March 18, 2012

39 Weeks

39 Weeks!!! I really didn't think I was going to make it this long, but here we are! I think I am in a little bit of denial that I will be going to the hospital tomorrow to have a baby. I am getting a little anxious about the delivery, and just praying it all goes smoothly and we will meet our healthy, beautiful daughter tomorrow. This pregnancy has flown by!! It doesn't seem like it was 9 months ago that I woke up, took that First Response test and found out we were expecting our second baby. It's even more surreal that we will have a son and a daughter. I feel so incredibly blessed and humbled that God has entrusted us with these two precious souls. I can't wait to meet Claire and see Chad with Claire and see Graham meet his baby sister. We love you, Claire Addison and we can't wait for you to get here!!!!
How Far Along: 39 Weeks  In 6 1/2 hours I will be calling the hospital to find out if they can get me in for my induction and what time we need to be at the hospital!

Size of baby: A watermelon

Total Weight Gain: 30 pounds


Maternity Clothes: Yep

Movement: She has had the hiccups a ton today! Still feeling lots of rolls, elbows and heels and her tush pushing out. I will miss feeling her move in my belly so much.


Sleep: Sleep has still been good for the most part!


What I miss: Not being sore, being able to walk/get out of bed/lay on my stomach and bend over!

Cravings: Nothing in particular

Symptoms: Swollen ankles, feet and legs, crampiness in my lower back, lots of contractions, crampiness in my legs if I walk a long time and feeling like my stomach is stretched to the limit!

Best Moment This Week: It's actually kind of been a hard week. Since getting my membranes stripped on Wednesday, I've just felt on edge and that labor is coming on at any second. But, it hasn't and I've been getting frusturated. I've been trying my best to keep the house in order and have everything ready to go at a moments notice, and that is hard to do at 9 months pregnant with a toddler to chase. There have been some great moments this week too, though. Trying to soak up every moment with Graham being our only baby, and just enjoying our last week as a family of three.

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my daughter!!!!! I cannot express how excited I am to meet her. I always imagined having a daughter, and I am coming face to face with her tomorrow. WOW.

Milestones:  Are we there yet? You’re probably feeling like you want to get this baby the heck out of you. We’re not sure, but the impatience and discomfort many moms feel around 39 weeks (and beyond!) might be nature’s way of getting you mentally prepared for delivery. Remember how freaked out you used to be about it? Now, at week 39 you probably don’t care what you have to do, you just don’t want to be pregnant anymore! She's probably able to flex her limbs now. Her brain is still rapidly developing -- she's getting smarter by the week! Her nails may extend past her fingertips. Baby keeps growing, despite being so crowded in there. She probably weighs around 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and measures about 18.9 to 20.9 inches.


No comments: