April 20, 2012

26!!!

Tuesday I turned 26! I was kind of dreading my birthday this year, because the next day Chad was leaving for a 4 night trip to Tampa for work, so we celebrated this past weekend and on Tuesday night.

Sunday afternoon, Chad and I went to see Titanic in Imax 3D, it was really neat! I've probably seen Titanic 100 times, literally, but it felt like I was watching it for the first time, and it was the 100th anniversary of the sinking, so that was neat. Claire went with us, and I pretty much nursed her the whole time and she was a perfect angel. :) After the movie, my parents treated us to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, yum!
Dinner with my parents!!



  Last week, I called Chad's grandparents to see if they wanted to come over on Tuesday to watch Graham for a little while so I could run some errands, not thinking it would be my birthday. When I remembered it was going to be my birthday, I took advantage and decided to meet my friend Lindsay for lunch and do a little shopping. I took Claire with me, so it ended up being a fun girl's day; Lindsay has a 5 month old daughter, so we met them at Chili's and she was so sweet to treat me to lunch!! After lunch, Claire and I went to Marshall's to do a little shopping. I got some cute clothes to hold me over until I fit back into my regular clothes. I'm in that awkward stage where my maternity clothes are too big, but my regular pants still don't fit. Shopping is always a good way to spend a birthday :) Chad's sweet grandparents brought me two hanging plants for our backyard, and David dropped off a present from him and Kara. So sweet!!

Cutest shopping buddy ever!!

Sweet Lindz and Reese
My parents came over to our house around six to watch Graham so we could go to a yummy dinner at El Tiempo. For my birthday present Chad got me a "Wife's Survival Kit" for when he was gone, which included 2 bottles of wine and my favorite magazines, haha, love him! I'm also probably going to buy a Chi hair straightener and maybe get a Michael Kors watch I've been wanting. :) We had a great night out, and it was nice getting to spend time together before Chad left the next morning. After dinner, we came home and ate birthday cake with my parents!

Headed to dinner!




My dad's famous chocolate sheet cake he makes for me every year!



My boys!!!! LOVE THIS PICTURE!
Thursday morning, we went to my good friend Traci's house for a playdate, and she treated us to lunch, too!! My friends are way too good to me! We had fun watching the boys play and got to have some nice mommy-time chatting :)


All in all, it was a great birthday!! I got many sweet calls, texts and facebook messages from my family and friends. Crazy to think that last year when I turned 25, I wasn't even pregnant with Claire and now here she is, a month old!! Can't wait to see what my 26th year will bring!! {Probably won't be another baby, ha!}

1 comment:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday again, Brenden. I'm glad you had such a good one! :-)