April 13, 2012

Things Are Looking Up


I'm happy to say, after my long rant the other day, I'm feeling much better :) Wednesday night Chad's parents come over to babysit Graham while we went and did some shopping- we were both badly in need of some new clothes, so we stocked up for Spring. I got mostly tops and a casual dress since I expect to (hopefully) be down a couple of pant sizes in the next few months.


Yesterday, I decided to brave the grocery store with both kiddos by myself. It went much better than expected! I just needed a couple of things, so I figured we'd be in and out. Claire had been fussy at the house, and I think she was just overtired and couldn't settle down for a nap. I was hoping once we got in the car and started driving she would fall asleep and I was right. She ended up sleeping until we got home! Graham liked driving the "car" cart (so glad someone invented those!!) and I ended up getting a lot of groceries. I think Graham was happy to get out of the house, too. :)




Chad got home later than usual last night, but Graham was still napping when he got home ( I never wake a sleeping baby!). I cooked dinner for us, one of our favorites- cheeseburger macaroni and even made a yummy dessert I'd been wanting to try- chocolate chip pound cake...YUMM. Nothing like a little comfort food to lift your spirits.


Can I just say, it is SO fun having a girl, and dressing her up in all her clothes. I think my favorite part is picking out a bow to match every outfit.

I swear this child gets more beautiful everyday!!!
LOVE HER!!!


We don't really have any set plans this weekend, but I'm hoping we'll end up doing something fun!


4 comments:

Jonathan, Amy, Addison, Bennett, and Garrett said...

Glad things are going better. There will be rough days, but thankfully there are more good days. Loving all of Claire's outfits and of course her matching bows.

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Glad you are doing better! I'm looking forward to these hormones leveling out too!

Christina said...

Glad things are getting better. Newborns are so much work. You are doing awesome, Brenden. Girls do look fun. Claire is a doll. :-)

The Sweatman Family said...

Sometimes you just need to get those feelings out into the open! And chocolate always solves our problems :)