May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend {2012}

We had a good weekend with lots of family time. On Friday afternoon, Chad came home with 3 cards for me, one from him, one from Graham and one from Claire :) He also bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers that were waiting for me in the front seat of my car to surprise me when I got in. So sweet! Friday night, Graham spent the night with his grandparents. We dropped him off around 6:00, and then attempted to go to dinner with just Claire. Usually eating out with just one kid in tow is a treat, but the little Miss decided she was hungry/fussy/tired, so needless to say it wasn't the most relaxing of dinners. We kind of picked a bad restaurant, too (they didn't even have high chairs-should of been our first clue!) It was raining though, so we were hurrying to get somewhere. Everyone was super nice, though. We just felt bad having a fussy baby in a nice restaurant---she was literally the only kid in there, ha! Lucky for us, everyone was gushing over how cute and beautiful she is, and our waiter was super nice, so it wasn't too bad. ;) We hurried and ate, got dessert to-go and booked it  home.

Graham was a little homesick, so he didn't sleep too good at his grandparents house, which made for a fussy toddler on Saturday, despite his record-long nap. He went to bed around 11:30 (his normal bedtime is between 8 and 8:30!) I picked him up at about 10 am, took him back to our house where he immediately went down for a nap, then I went and got a mani/pedi while Chad stayed home with the kids. I had a gift certificate from Chad's parents from my birthday and was just now getting around to using it!

After Graham woke from his nap, we went to my parents and hung out by the pool and had a delicious filet steak dinner. We didn't stay too long after we ate, because Graham was fit to be tied. Poor baby was so tired, but he had lots of fun playing with his cousin and they even got to skinny-dip!! Cutest thing ever!!

Sunday we woke up early and went to church. When we picked Graham up from the nursery afterwards, we saw he had made some adorable Mother's Day crafts and there was a little bouquet of flowers for all the Mom's, so sweet! After church, we went to Chad's parents house to celebrate Mother's day and have brunch. We spent most of the afternoon there. Graham had a ball running around outside on their new deck and playing with everyone.



Afterward, we were driving home and decided on a whim to go look at a few open houses in the neighborhood where my cousin Shannon and his family live. We ended up dropping in on them, and Graham had a blast playing with their youngest, Landon who is 4 years older than Graham. On the way home, we stopped for a quick bite to eat, and then headed home to put Graham to bed and watch some TV. Chad was so sweet and cleaned the house and helped me get caught up on laundry while I nursed Claire before going to bed.




All in all, it was a great weekend. I just keep thinking how blessed I am to have such a perfect little girl and little boy. Life doesn't get much sweeter than that.





Happy Mother's Day to all the hard-working Mama's out there!!

No comments: