June 23, 2012

Claire: 3 Months


This post is a few days late, but we have all been sick over here. Not fun! At least I got around to taking pictures of her on the 19th. :) I guess I will spare you the usual spiel about how quickly time is going by, but WHOA. It's pretty hard to believe she's 3 months old.



- She is smiling all the time!! It is so heartwarming and wonderful!
-She has rolled over, but we all missed it :( I put her on her tummy and turned around to switch the lamp on, and she was on her back! She hasn't done it again since, so I am waiting on her to do it again so I can put it in her baby book.
-She still doesnt' take a paci. She will occasionally suck on her hands, but I will usually just nurse her when she starts doing that.
-She is nursing about every 2 -3 hours. Still nursing on-demand, and not really keeping track of time at all.
-She is napping about 3-4 times a day. Still mostly in her swing or in my arms. Has yet to nap in her cradle or crib.
-She is still swaddled at night with her arms out.
-She is sleeping from 10-4:30 every night. A few times she has gone until 6:30.
-She likes to ride in the car, play on her playmat and smile at her brother.

-She likes her swing, with the music up and the mobile going.
-She is cooing and "talking" a lot!! I feel like much more than Graham did at that age.
-Holding her head up great!
-She laughed for the first time last night! Daddy was tickling her during her bath and she let out the cutest giggle!
-Our biggest challenge with her is spitting-up. She usually has 3 huge spit ups after every meal. She is a "happy spitter" though, so there's not much we can do. Not sure if maybe my milk comes out too fast, or I don't burp her enough or if that's just how she is, but I can't wait until I don't have to worry about spit-up anymore!

- I'm pretty sure she is going to have brown eyes. Gotta love those brown-eyed girls!!! ;)
-She has her first cold!!! I took her to the doctor this week, and she weighs 11 pounds, 6 oz. She has gained about 1 pound since last month, that's pretty good I think!


-She is still mostly a  mama's girl, but loves to smile at and watch her daddy and her brother :)
-She is wearing size 3 month clothes, and size 1 diapers, but after this box of diapers is gone, she'll be graduating to size 2.

Happy 3 Months, Claire Bear!!!

3 comments:

The Sweatman Family said...

I can't believe she's 3 months!!!

Thayn Family said...

Brenden, I am serious!!! She is so gorgeous!!! I can't believe she is three months old either. Time flies :(

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Love the picture of her on her play mat!