July 5, 2012

Easy Weeknight Dinner: Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers



One of our favorite dinners is stuffed bell peppers. My mom gave me this recipe; It was a family favorite when I was growing up. Its super easy and good. Usually stuffed bell peppers are an italian-type dish, but my mom puts a mexican spin on them. I hadn't made them in a while, so I decided to whip some up last week. Here's the recipe
MEXICAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS:
1 lb lean ground beef
4 bell peppers, washed, seeded and cut in half lenth-wise
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 package taco seasoning
1 can tomato sauce
Shredded cheese (I use cheddar or mexican blend)
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350
Boil bell peppers until tender
Cook and drain beef.
Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce, simmer until good consistency, add pinto beans.
Place bell peppers in a 9X13 glass baking dish
Spoon mixture into bell peppers, and top with cheese
Bake until cheese is melted, about 5-10 min.
Serve with rice, salad, or cornbread muffins. We also added some taco sauce on top this time, and it was really good. 
Simple and delicious weeknight dinner!


2 comments:

Christina said...

That looks so yummy! I am totally going to try to make it. Thanks for the new recipe. :-)

Brenden said...

Let me know how you like it!!!