July 13, 2012

SUYL: Mantles

I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner today for Show Us Your Life. I've always wanted to do a SUYL, so this is my first time!!

Since we moved into our house about a year and a half ago, I've changed up our mantle a few times. Partly, because I completely changed the color scheme of our house about a year ago, from red accents to seafoam. I was sick and tired of red. Seafoam is much more my style, and I've never looked back! :) I don't really decorate for different seasons, although I love that idea! I seem to lack the budget and the creativity though, so for now it stays pretty much the same year-round, except for at Christmas. I tried last year to do a little Halloween decorating with some fake cobwebs and spiders, but it was just so-so. Maybe I'll get some new ideas this year... Anyway, onto the mantles!

This was how our mantle (and living room) looked
when we first moved in... blah, blah boring

After a few months, I changed it up, but still wasn't super happy with it.

Here it is at Christmas last year. I love Christmas decorations. It's so depressing taking everything down after that ball drops :( I've been known to keep stuff up until close to February.... don't judge!

A closer look... I got the fireplace screen at Hobbly Lobby after we found our toddler eating 
(yes, eating) the lava rocks out of the fireplace... Ha!!

<><><><>

This is how our manlte looks today...

And a view with the whole living room.
 I got the mirror on some random clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby, about a year ago.
I picked up the candlesticks, candles and the seafoam jar from HL as well.
The picture frame was one I just had lying around.
I'm not too crazy about it, so maybe I'll switch it out eventually.
I love our engagment picture though :)
The "And they lived happily ever after..." sign is from Target.
You can check out more of our house
in the link at the top of our blog.

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

No comments: