August 15, 2012

The Liebster Award!!

My sweet friend, April nominated me to play along. This is for the Liebster Award. Liebster means "dearest" in German and it's an award for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. I love getting to "meet" other bloggers, and of course, I would love to have more followers! :) Thanks for nominating me, April!! Go check her blog out at Blogging with the Bryans!

Here are the rules:

1. Each person must list 11 facts about themselves

2.Then answer the 11 questions that were tagged for them

3.Then nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) you think are up and coming

4. Finally, Make up your own questions for your nominees to answer!


Ok, so here goes!

11 Facts About Me:

1. I didn't know how to run a dishwasher until I went to college!! (Yep, you read that right.)
2. I read magazines backwards. My mom and sister do too.
3. I had a birthmark on my cheek removed when I was 4.
4. The evening is my favorite part of the day
5. My favorite food is lobster
6. I can never get ready without changing my outfit at least once, but I usually end up wearing the first thing I put on.
7. I can't stand not having polish on my toes
8. I am a big procrastinator
9. I never leave the house without mascara
10. I don't think Graham and Claire look much alike at all.
11. I can't go to bed without brushing my teeth and putting chapstick on


Questions for Me:

1. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
    
 I would have to say it was while reading Where We Belong by Emily Giffin. In the book, a girl gives her baby up for adoption, and she's describing the 3 days she spent in the hospital with her baby before she gave her up. She nursed her baby, sang to her and held her the entire 3 days. She wouldn't let her go to the nursery, because she knew she couldn't say goodbye more than once. It really hit home for me, because (well for one, I was nursing Claire while reading!) and two, when I had Graham, Chad and the nurse were trying to talk me into letting him go to the nursery so we could get some rest, and it just broke my heart thinking of being without my baby! I had never experienced that fierce, raw, I-can't-be-apart-from-you-for-one-second kind of love before. I just cannot imagine having to give your baby up, and knowing you may never see them again. It was heartwrenching. A mother's love is the most powerful emotion on the planet. It's something you can't explain, and only a mother can know.

2. What's the #1 most played song on your iPod?

I don't really listen to my iPod that much, so right now my most played cd is the new Carrie Underwood Blown Away CD. I love it! I try to give all the songs equal playing time, but I really love "Do You Think About Me" "Wine after Whiskey" "Nobody Ever Told You" and "Forever Changed"

3. What is one of your favorite quotes?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
4. What's your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?

My favorite outdoor activity is having a picnic or going to the beach/pool/river. My favorite indoor acitivity is taking a bubble bath/watching TV/ playing on the internet and playing with my kids. We also sometimes make a pallet on the living room floor and all watch a movie together. :)

5. What chore do you hate doing?
Laundry!!! It is never-ending right now!!!!

6. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Play the piano

7. What's the best/worst gift you've ever given/ received?
The best I've ever received would be my camera!

8. The best part of waking up?
Seeing my babies sleepy smiles, and drinking coffee!

9. What is your favorite body part? Why?
My smile, because with all the braces I had to endure, I earned it!! Haha

10. What sound do you love and why?
The sound of my kids laughing, and the sound of Chad getting home at the end of the day.

11. What do you miss the most about being a kid?
Not having big responsibilities!!! Just thinking about myself!! Hahaha
 11 Questions for my nominees:

1. How did you know your spouse was "The One"?
2. Was childbirth scarier or better than you thought it would be?
3. Name a goal you want to accomplish/or thought you would accomplish by age 30
4.What is your family's favorite meal that you cook?
5. Would you rather hire a full-time cook or full-time maid if you could?
6.If you could choose your children's professions what would you pick for them?
7. What is the one Bible verse that has gotten you through a difficult time?
8. What is the one silly argument you and your spouse seem to have over and over again?
9. What has been your favorite vacation you've ever been on?
10. What's your favorite holiday?
11. What is your biggest parenting mistake or regret so far?


My Nominees:

1. Traci @ The Schindewolf Squad
2.Tonya @ The Sweatman Family
3. Kelly @ The Grant Gang
4. Rachel @ The Roberts Family
5. Jaclyn @ Thayn Family
6.Alaina @ Life as a Morgan
7. Jalei @ The Blankenships
8. Nicole @ The Mulder Family
9. Kortni @ Today is the Day
10. Christina @ The Bassi Family
11. Melissa @ aaronmeledwards.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Traci Dempsey Schindewolf said...

Love it! I'm so honored to be your number 1 nominee;) I will get to it at naptime! Love you friend and hope to see you when you get back!

Traci Dempsey Schindewolf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.