August 7, 2012

Tomball Night

Friday night, we decided to try out the local annual festival, Tomball Night. Chad and I had both never heard of it before, but it turns out it is an annual thing that Tomball throws on the first Friday of every August, that started back in the 70's. We weren't too sure how fun it would be, (especially considering the 100 degree weather, but we ended up loving it!

It starts at 5pm, but it was SO hot still, and the parade and fireworks didn't start until after 9, so we decided to grab some dinner first at Mel's. Mel's is a local little restaurant that has the best homecooked food. It's known for it's Famous Mel Burger that is HUGE. I think it was even on Man V. Food! I love that it's out in the country, and even though we had to wait outside, the $3 beers kept us cooled off while we waited for our table ;)






We had a great dinner, and the kids behaved themselves, which is always a huge plus!! :) Chad got the chicken strips, and I got a bacon cheeseburger with their famous onion rings..yum!!






I should defnitely be eating salads for the rest of the week, but we all know that's not gonna happen! ;)

After dinner, we headed to the festival and got there just in time for the sun to be down, and walk around for a bit before the parade started.


















After the fun parade, the fireworks show started. We kind of accidentally had the perfect view! I had wanted to go into a store, and we ended up just parking in front of it for the parade and fireworks. I didn't get any pictures of the fireworks, we just enjoyed them, but they were awesome! Graham is loving fireworks right now, so he was in heaven! :) He kept saying "Firworks! Boom!" the rest of the weekend, haha :) It was a great night, and we think we'll make it a annual tradition! Nothing like a good, old fashioned, small-town festival.

For the rest of the weekend, we just hung out as a family of four! It was so nice  to just spend time with our little family. On Saturday morning, I made some yummy blueberry muffins. I got the recipe from one of my favorite recipe blogs The Girl Who Ate Everything. Yum!! The streusel topping is amazing!!



 We stayed home most of the day, then went and looked at some living room furniture. We came home,  and I made a delicious homemade chicken noodle soup. I've had the recipe for a long time, my friend Jaclyn gave it to me a few years ago. I don't know why it's taken me so long to make it, but I wish I'd done it sooner! It was delicious! Chad had 4 bowls, so that should tell you something, ha!

On Sunday, we went to the mall and picked up some outfits for the kids and a dress for me, since the kids are getting dedicated to our church tomorrow night! :) Then we ate an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory and headed home.
 It was a nice, relaxing weekend. My parents stopped by and dropped off a sofa table and twin bed for us, that came from my Grandad's house.
 I'm going to go today and pick up some chalk board paint, and accessories for the table. Graham's bedding came in yesterday too, but they shipped the wrong color pillow sham so the right one should be delivered soon. I love his quilt, though! I need to pick up some sheets for him. His Big Boy Room is slowly coming together. Oh, and one more thing.... next week we leave for a long weekend getaway.. here's a little hint...

 Yep! We're going to visit my Bff Kirby and her husband, Jerry in the Big Apple! We are going to take Claire, but Graham will be staying here with my parents getting spoiled rotten. :) We will be staying with Kirby and Jerry in Brooklyn for the first 2 nights, and in a hotel in Manhattan for the last 2 nights. We've never been to NYC together before, so we are super excited! It will be great to have a change of scenery, spend time with Kirby and Jerry and get some one-on-one time with our baby girl! Can't wait!!  

1 comment:

Jalei & Lane said...

What a fun weekend you guys had. I love finding little festivals like that.