October 12, 2012

It's Fall, Y'all!

Is it really almost mid-October?! Chad's birthday is next week, and before you know it Halloween will be here! I love October, it really kicks off the holiday season. We've been having fun decorating for Halloween, and enjoying the cooler weather. This past weekend we had a nice cool front come through and Sunday it was definitely sweater weather. I took advantage and decided to make the kids take some front porch fall pictures. Shockingly, Graham was excited to take pictures, and we got some great ones, seriously a miracle these days!
EEK!! That smile!!!! Madly in love with this girl!

My two little loves!!

How sweet is he? He loves his baby sister so much.

Hoping holding pumpkins would keep them still for just a little longer...

Funny story: Bought him this hoodie at Old Navy a couple weeks ago, and he would not put it on for
anything!! It's glow in the dark and everything, but he was not having it. He finally let me put it on him to take pictures with the Halloween decorations. Perfect, since that's why I wanted him to wear it in the first place ;)

Graham is really into Halloween this year, and its so fun! He loved helping me pick out the decorations,and loves the "Halloweeen house" at Target (the house that is over the Halloween display) I even taught him to say "trick or treat!" so hopefully this year he will really get it :) Now all we have to do is get him to wear his Halloween costume!

"Daddy's under my spell" indeed :)

 

We enjoyed the cool weather in the front yard, and then my parents came over and ate dinner with us. We had Crockpot potato soup, so good!! Fun fall evening! Love our little family so much.
 
Crockpot Potato Soup Recipe:
I got the recipe from HERE (Love this blog!)
 
1 30 oz bag of frozen shredded hashbrowns
3 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can cream of chkn soup
1/2 onion, chopped (I ommited b/c Chad hates onions)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 pkg cream cheese (don't use fat-free)
 
Combine everything except the cream cheese in the crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours.
An hour before serving, add cream cheese and heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon (just baked 2 strips of bacon in the oven on 350 for about 12 min) and chopped green onions. I also served it with tossed salad and french bread. SO good!!!
 

2 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Feel like I haven't gotten to see you in forever!

Christina said...

Those are the cutest pictures! Adorable. :-) The soup sounds yummy too. We are going to a fall fest at church and they asked everyone to bring either soup or salad. I might just use your recipe. Thanks.