November 20, 2012

Claire: 8 Months

 

Our sweet girl is 8 months old!! In the past couple of weeks, you have been working on so many new things! First of all, you've been talking a lot! Two weeks ago, you said your very first word: "Ma Ma!" You were playing in your excersaucer, and I was on the couch when I heard it. I wasn't sure if you had really said it at first, but it didn't take long until you said it several more times. You have been saying Ma-Ma a lot since then, and I can't tell you how much it warms my heart! :) You also have been saying "Ba Ba" and we are working on "Da Da".

You're SO CLOSE to crawling, you just need to get the hang of balancing a little more, but it will really be any day now. In the past couple of weeks, you have also learned to go from lying down to sitting up. You can scooch really well, and you get where you want to go. Today I even caught you trying to pull up on the toy basket!!

Sleep is going really well, too right now (knock-on-wood). Your brother has been giving us a lot of trouble, but you are doing great! You may be getting a tooth in, so the past couple of nights you have woken up a little, but for the most part you are sleeping from 8-7:30. You are taking 2-3 naps a day, also. I've been putting you down awake for the most part, and you will fuss for a few minutes, but quickly settle yourself down. You have also learned to put your paci back in if you want it.

You are eating really well, too! You are still  mostly nursing, but you will have a bottle once in a while, too. You are eating lots of baby food, 3 times a day. You are getting the hang of spoon feeding, finally and are a lot less messy now! You love to eat!! I even gave you some yogurt melts, but you might not be quite ready for them yet.

You are still such a happy, laid-back baby. You even had your first night away from Mama this past Friday, and did great!! I think you were happy when Mama and Daddy came home, though :)




Your hair is getting longer and thicker, and your eyelashes are so long! You still only have 2 bottom teeth, but I think you may be getting a top tooth in. You  had your first ear infection a few weeks ago, but it was mild, and only in your left ear. Otherwise, you are super healthy and happy!!



Happy 8 months, sweet baby. We are so thankful for YOU!!!


3 comments:

Thayn Family said...

She is so darn beautiful!! Cant believe how long it has been since I have seen her :(

Jalei & Lane said...

I can't get over how cute Claire is! I even called Lane over here to look at her & he agrees!

Brenden said...

Aww! Thank you!!! Of course, I agree! ;) Y'all have some beautiful babies, too!!!