April 12, 2013

Texas Bluebonnets

It's just not spring in Texas until the bluebonnets come out! Last year, we didn't end up taking any bluebonnet pictures, so this year I was not missing out. I googled bluebonnets nearby and found that there was a bluebonnet patch just up the road from us. I was super excited that we didn't have to drive 30 minutes or more to get a good field of bluebonnets like we usually do. It was a little warm, but the kids did great!! I am so in love with these sweet pictures, and I can't wait to frame them!!

 








 


 
 
 



 
 
 


 

 

 

 
 
 There is a garden in every childhood,
an enchanted place where colors are brighter,
the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again. 
~Elizabeth Lawrence



8 comments:

The Bryan Family said...

love! where did you go - want to do this

M & M said...

me too but did not feel like driving to the usual long distances.

Brenden said...

We went to Creekside off of Gosling, at the edge of The Woodlands. There's a bluebonnet patch in front of the big gazebo area, kind of by the elementary school.

M & M said...

Have gone there most other years, but this year there was a cord around the bluebonnets last month. Was it still there? When did you go? It still looks nice, not trampled like I would expect.

Tonya said...

Super cute pictures! I also missed out on Bluebonnet pics last year and wasn't missing this year!! haha

Brenden said...

I think they took the cord down a few days before we went. We went the day before Easter!

Jalei & Lane said...

Cute pictures! I love all of Claire's dresses!

Christina said...

I just love the Easter bonnet on Claire. And you look beautiful. Great pictures. :-)